im a computer/electronics guy that's into old muscle cars, building a 69 mustang with a stroked 351 to 408 with a viper 6 speed. i picked up a 87 325i after swapping vehicles with my father n law for an extended period of time. i know the 3 and 5 series are different animals, but i thought i would start out with a 325i and move up.
pro's of the 87:
- its a BMW
- interior is in perfect condition
- overall good condition
- new shocks/struts,
- new steering components
- new lower control arm bushings
- new tires (trivial but a good thing...)
cons of the 87:
- valves are noisy
- injectors are noisy
- paint needs some love
- check engine light is on after 150miles of driving (almost ran out of gas, turned into gas station quick, sloshed gas away from pump, sputter sputter, picked back up and check engine light came on)
- antilock brake light is on (think its just the relay)
so im looking forward to working on the 325i, learning the ins/outs of the BMW, improving the performance and longevity as i go.
thanks for your time!