Lo there - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jetpacman is on a distinguished road
Lo there

Hi
I'm from South Africa and got a E36 318i
jetpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Hi Welcome to bimmerwerkz. I hope you find our site useful, friendly, and fun
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks, just curious, looking at your sig... did somebody damage your paint job or is that a chemtrail on your hood
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Festivus yes, bagels no..

Car: '01 330i
Photos:
yammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
^^^ angry girlfriend ftl.....

on a side note...pacman ftw!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 328i
Photos:
bimmersrock2007 is on a distinguished road
South Africa? Wow you are a long way from us. What part of S.A you from?
bimmersrock2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
to werkz...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I'm from Cape Town... arguably the most beautiful city in Africa and just to dispell any myths South Africa doesn't have lions walking in the streets. It looks like any other city in the world and the only time I ever saw an elephant or a lion was at the circus when I was small...

There are lots of lovely BMW's here, however it seems to me that BMW's are as popular among the racers and modders here. Honda and Toyota seem to rule that area and BMW drivers are mostly older people or those few young people with good taste.

I bought my E36 a while ago and was thinking of getting something else when
it gave some trouble, but I honestly can't find a better car on the market except for a new BMW which is out of my price range right now.

We get bent over here in terms of car prices. I haven't seen a real E36 following or even an E46 following. There is a very strong status mindset here, where you just have to have new car or your are the biggest loser on the planet. For that reason car dealers often insult my E36 saying it a crap old car and why do I want to keep it etc etc. Maybe the same thing happens in the US but I got a feeling its way worse here. I personally love this car and want to keep it forever or at trade it in for a 328 convertable E36.

To give you an idea of how we get milked in South Africa... we pay for "bandwidth" on ADSL to the tune of $10-$15 per gig of traffic, uploading or downloading. So many companies limit their internet usage to staff because of this and people often get into trouble for using up too much bandwidth and some get arrested for stealing ISP accounts. We even have prepaid broadband vouchers where you can buy a 1 gig account for $11. Is that crazy or what ... enough third world ranting...

Has anybody been to South Africa or know anyone here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In