just bought a 318is coupe and im a newbie - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 05:55 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
marce36coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to marce36coupe
(Thread Starter)
just bought a 318is coupe and im a newbie

hi ppl i just bought my first bmw today it a 318iscoupe and wondered is it supposed to have the silver leather interior or has sum1 fitted this themselves at sumpoint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.

I am unaware of a BMW option for silver leather, but I could be mistaken. Anybody else heard of it?

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
^^^ Not me, and

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:10 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Prof View Post
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.

I am unaware of a BMW option for silver leather, but I could be mistaken. Anybody else heard of it?

There is indeed such a color option - I've seen and sat on it. They have it for the new M3... but while very nice, I was afraid it would get very dirty very fast. And make no mistake, it is just a light grey, not all shiny or anything...

Apparently its been around for awhile since they called the one I saw "SilverII".

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
thanx for the reply ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness View Post
There is indeed such a color option - I've seen and sat on it. They have it for the new M3... but while very nice, I was afraid it would get very dirty very fast. And make no mistake, it is just a light grey, not all shiny or anything...

Apparently its been around for awhile since they called the one I saw "SilverII".
yes its more grey than silver just wondered if it was fitted as standard my car seems to have loads of m3 parts fitted not sure wot all is yet as ive never studied a bimmer but i can post up sum pics i purchased the car for 600 quid with full years mot cant be bad eh
#6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
So it's not actually metallic? Then why call it Silver???

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:54 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
They call it "Silver Novillo" leather.........and it is a wee bit stupid to call it silver, but then again, not all silver is metallic, no? Here is a sample right from the official web site:

By gordonjagman at 2008-08-20

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
leather seats

so can any1 tell me if this is a standard option on a 92 318is coupe thanks for all the advice in advance,p.s i also have a slight prob with my central locking,when i turn the key the central locking works and locks all the doors but after about 3 seconds it unlocks again by its self? is this just a simple fix
like a broken wire in the doorjam or something.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In