hiyas - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1994 530i
Photos:
cloud1974 is on a distinguished road
hiyas

hey there everyone,
I have a 1994 530i that in my mind is the best car on the face of the planet even with its quirks and lack of previous owners maintenance . its a great car i had to buy when my saturn's 4 cyl motor died and was well over $4000 to fix i found it for a price well under that and with all the maintenance catching i have been doing with a particular website supplier have yet to spend much over the $4k it would have cost to repair the saturn. it also had 25,000 miles less then the saturn did. And all the parts except for shocks n struts have been OEM and the shocks and struts i did use are better then oem, and not entirely sure if those would even come into it. not sure if im allowed to share web site knowledge here so just delete this post if not, but Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips (auto haus arizona) has got the best deals on OEM parts and free shipping for orders over $50.

for the $4500 i have spent on this car including purchase i also replaced, clutch, clutch master cyl, rebuilt the slave, 4 sets of brake linings, 4 brake sensors, 4 rotors, front grill assembly, all oem

shocks, struts, strut housing, high pressure power steering line, i have also replaced but via other options, such as amazon hosing inc which repaired my power steering line for $40 not the $400 for after market or the $600 oem wanted. strut housing i purchased used for $50 not the $800.

this little v8 just rocks and the man 5 speed allison tranny has held up to my abuse nicely.

i highly suggest to everyone to get a BMW just cause for 90% of the work i have done to it i have had no repair manual. excluding the clutch thats a bit over my head. there just seems to be a great amount of thinking and logic put in to this car and i can only assume it follows suit with all BMW's

now i will go post my issue with the glove box door that wont open. so i can get my repair manual i finally got to see what the part is where all the coolant is pouring out of. to confirm it is the $132 OEM water pump form the fore mentioned website. not the $200 aftermarket part from auto parts store and im not even gonna to see what the dealer wants for a OEM part.
cloud1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In