hi from australia, just got a bmw and need some help?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 07:39 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jutt is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
hi from australia, just got a bmw and need some help??

hi every1 just got a car and wondering if i should do something with it or not?
from what iv found out so far is its a 1980 323i m-technic?? its got full bilsteins suspension, 13" bbs rims, a weired soft rear spoiler?, recaro front and rear seats front and rear disks, lsd, no a/c, no powersteering, motorsport steering wheel, motorsport strips done both sids, strips on the rear, ///m badge on the front, has the engine oil cooler, its alpnie white, my dad gave me this car, its been in his shead for about 10 years i was thinking drift car but the guy dad bough it from said something about it being rare???
i dont know how true this is? if any1 can help me find out a bit more info or pics cause i carnt find them either would be great..
jutt

Last edited by jutt; 05-18-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
That seems like a rare car alright. Too rare to be used as a drift car (find a good Skyline for that, hehe) The oil cooler may be a bit unusual, though it is found on M20s.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
thanks, i was talking to a guy yesterday he was really into older bmws he travlles around goin to bmw shows and he said hes only ever seem 1 in australia. dose any 1 knowof a site or a phone number where i could check out the vin??
its a pretty nice lookin car and if its not just an everyday 323i i wouldnt mind doin her up.
i was lookin at supercharger or a turbo kit but if its a car i shouldnt mess with to much ill just keep playin with my wrx and kepp it standard as much as i can.
thanks
#4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
OMFG another one!?

witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I think I'd go the conservative route on that As to VIN checks, they seem to be nigh impossible to find for free. How about previous owners and records they may have kept?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
ill take some pics of the car inside and out and post then up. dad bought it about 12 - 13 years ago but didnt really drive it that much he did say the guy who owned it bought it from his neighbour which he bought it new. ill keep lookin to see what i can find out about it. its got me pretty intersted now hahah
#6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:01 AM
OMFG another one!?

And so it will go on, more and more! I'd make sure to know when the timing belt was last changed.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
get us some pix of engine bay and body, along with the vin and we'll help you figure out what kind of beast you have.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
i couldnt put all the pics up so i put them in my profile its pretty dirty cause the doors havent been open in about 8 years. me and my brother pulled the bonet off cause we are goin to rebuild the engine, done a compression test and 3 n 4 only had 70spi. its had motec injection fitted in about feb 93 and a 325is engine fitted. dunno what was done to the engine but it has dyno sheets with 181kw i remeber drivin it a couple of times when i was younger and it was fast.. the vin is: WBA18320007250631

Last edited by jutt; 05-19-2009 at 06:01 AM.
#9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Chassis number 7250631
Vehicle code 1832
Series E21
Model 323i
Body type saloon
Catalog model ECE
Production date 1980 / 01
Engine M20
Transmission Manual
Steering Right
Catalyzer NONE

Thats the information your VIN pulls up, sorry there wasn't more for you.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
yeah i found the same kind of vin check.. might have to give bmw a call and see if they can help me out. were going to play with it anyway gets us both away from the wives.. hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In