Hello from a Ukrainian in New Jersey! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rusik is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Smile Hello from a Ukrainian in New Jersey!

Just saying hello to you all after finally registering here. I've been reading and finding plenty of helpful information on this forum.

Had my 1992 318i for about two years now. While it gave me quite a few issues (it had a few owners and inconsistent service information), I still love it because it's my first bimmer. And of course there's a positive side to the problems: you learn a lot about these cars as you have to work on them. Some things I do myself while for some others I take it to the shop.

It's a manual 5 speed car. Used to have a 4:44 LSD differential. But since 4:44 ratio is for an automatic 318i, while the acceleration had a nice kick, the highway driving was getting too much with 5000 rpm in 5th gear while going 80mph. So I got a used stock 3:45 open differential and now the highway ride comfort have greatly increased, and so did gas mileage (though I also replaced the noisy fuel pump, so perhaps that helped too)

Besides trying to keep it running smooth, I also like to keep up with the cosmetic side of things. I replaced most of the interior with the new parts from the dealer, did some minor body/paint repairs (though there are still a few minor dents and few paint/clear coat issues). Put in a new Pioneer Elite CD/MP3 unit, JBL/Infinity speakers, Infinity Basslink subwoofer.

Also installed 35W 5000K HID's in both low beams and projector fog lights. So, technically, I guess I have quad HID The headlight assemblies are DEPO's with CCFL predator eyes. Also have smoked corners and taillights.

This car is surely not the most reliable around, and not the fastest, but it's probably the most fun to drive car that I've ever driven. Though a few years back I did drive a friend's 1984 diesel Volkswagen Rabbit and had a total blast! But back to 318i. While I can't beat every V6/V8 at the traffic light, but on curvy roads, my little bimmer always gets ahead of most muscle monsters which can only do good in straight line. And not to mention 318i's good gas mileage, which is quite important these days.

Recently I also installed the M-style sideskirts, which have improved the look quite a bit. The next project is to probably replace the windshied which has a huge bullseye that even the Fix-A-Findshield couldn't completely repair, and also the chip on the inside of the windshield that was resulted from accidentally bumping off a read-vide mirror with my head

Anyway, here's a few pix, and have a nice day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	26626   Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	26627   Click image for larger version

Name:	a3.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	26628   Click image for larger version

Name:	a4.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	26629  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 05:00 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Very nice

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In