Hello....recently acquired '94 e34 530i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
hokiepolk is on a distinguished road
Hello....recently acquired '94 e34 530i

New to forum...appears to be very active.

Have a few issues to resolve with the car.

1. Driver's seat not functioning (after wife moved it all the way forward)...could not drive it to work this morning. Saw on here it might be plastic connector immediately behind controls...but then saw that may not be true for e34. Was working fine with no issues...passenger side still works fine and all fuses check out good. Pretty sure its connector or wiring to switch...will look at tonite.

2. Suspension SOFT. I've acquired front struts to install. Will Align after that too. Will try front only first to see difference...may do rears later if they are soft...front's my main concern to start with. Need to get hands on spring compressor...local shops should have those on loan.

3. Plastic hinge point on rear of glove box broken (man, what a whack job design that is with those small clamps). Piece no where to be found...any ideas on repair or replace? Think I can rig up a reasonable solution that'll work.

4. Driver's door will lock, but not unlock with key except from passenger side of car. Feel/barely see a short dangling link pin hanging from the lock cylinder, but can't see where it attaches. Any pics or diagrams of correct linkage connect for this available...none in either of my two BMW repair manuals. Might have to tear open passenger door to try to feel for link and learn which direction it might have to go (assuming same as driver's side linkage).

Those are the main issues nagging me. Lots of little things to work on...some saggy headliner in places. Leather on driver's armrest gone down to foam (hello new leather armrest cover). Headrest mechanism makes noise, but no motion (saw info on torsion link shrink issue and how to fix). Couple little dings in body, nothing major. Mechanically, sound. Just going to try and knock out issues one by one and get it back in good shape.

Appreciate the board and look forward to participating.

Hokiepolk
'94 e34
~170k mi
hokiepolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In