Hello from an Israeli adventurer - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 11:17 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
davix is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Hello from an Israeli adventurer

Hey
I'm David from Israel, recently bought a neglected 93' 320i (e36) (240 kkm) and am going to slowly make up for its years by returning it to a proper running and looking condition.

I never had a BMW, nor was I planning on getting one, but I noticed this one parking in my workplace's underground parking for several months and decided it was too sad to see such a beautiful car being neglected and eventually probably salvaged.

currently, the radiator is leaking somewhere, the steering rack is apparently broken (need to get it on a lift...)
the interior is pretty much destroyed (unloving previous owners)
and a turning signal is broken (the tinker is working on it now)
When i first turned it on, water was raining from it, a small GAS leak was found and was temporarily fixed (until new rubber pipes arrive) and the steering system is leaking as well!

So that's it, I may be a bit crazy, was advised by local BMW forum and technicians to forget about it but I find it real hard. I will give it a decent chance and hope to give it a new life.

My info:
age 30
Married +1
working with computers
previously driven a wide variety of cars, favorite was 106 Rally 1996
My current family ride is a well maintained Subaru B3 Impreza New-age 2003 GX with a 2.0L and AWD.

I was looking for another car to be used only by me (wife will be finishing her BSc soon and will need the car to commute) but I never thought I will go for a beaten up '93 bimmer, this is indeed an adventure for me, albeit a welcomed one, I am definitely a car lover, and driving as well, just always too practical to engage with such cars.

here are some pics so you'll understand what I Am talking about. (bear in mind the car cost me less than $500 usd, so that is pretty much what I received)

I hope to find more optimism here, and perhaps methods to make my quest easier and help me restore this 'exemplar'.

so, Hi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In