Hello, everyone. Newbies DIY in Pgh getting scary. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
drkelly is on a distinguished road
Hello, everyone. Newbies DIY in Pgh getting scary.

I bought my first BMW (02 330xi) after a car wreck in 05 that totalled the blazer I was driving. It was two yrs old and spent more time in the shop than anything. Caught a ton of crap for it, but I figured it would pay off. Man, did it ever! I bought it with 65,000 on it from local dealer that got it from private owner wanting a truck. I thought I would give it a good beating and see how it would take it and proud to say, at 220k, it still sounds and runs good....kinda. I overheated it one day while I was paying attn to the kids and not the dash. Got it tore down and 20/1000ths shaved off the head. And I know all the issues in the future, but I plan on an entire upgrade next year. This is kind of a practice run and I dont want to screw it up. I need a bentley manual and valve springs at this point. Used if possible. I have bagged, tagged and labeled almost everything. I am a little fuzzy on a couple of things. It is, or was, my daily so I need to get her rolling again soon. Any extra parts laying around, lmk.
drkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
42, The meaning of life

Car: 2000 740iL Individual
Photos:
brettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nice
Welcome to the Werkz.

Try getting in touch with Vines Automotive (not sure what state) or Strictly German in Georgia? They should be able to help you with used parts.

Riding in style
brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In