Hello from another n00bie ! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:49 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
XitLeft is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Cool Hello from another n00bie !

Hi all . I'm Bill, currently residing "somewhere in the 209" (central valley/nor-cal area). My room mate has a R 1100 S (bike not a car) and gives praise to the BMW's cars(he had a 528 before) and bikes alike. I have been looking into the "E 30" designations (87 to 91 year models -325 i(?) I think) for a while (no purchase yet - I have to sell my bike first!(Buell XB9R) I like that "style" of coupe. I have been reading some of the tech info on them (trying to "educate" myself on what to look for/at, when I make my decision). So much for "keeping this short", so I will keep it short and say thanks for a great website, and I will "see"(?) you around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
lol I'm in Cali to I'm in the bay.....
you have a buell Nice miles? pics? might know someone that would want it.
I loved my e30 and still miss it to this day(was replaced by an e38 and e24)
the e30 is a fun car that also get great MPH.... and inexpensive to repair.....
also what you price range on the e30?

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Welcome to the Werkz! Glad you stopped in.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Hi there Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
lol I'm in Cali to I'm in the bay.....
you have a buell Nice miles? pics? might know someone that would want it.
I loved my e30 and still miss it to this day(was replaced by an e38 and e24)
the e30 is a fun car that also get great MPH.... and inexpensive to repair.....
also what you price range on the e30?
Hi AlpineSixAndSeven !! I have been watching your thread about the new paint job. Did you get that wet sanding done? (I have not checked it today,yet) It is very time consuming and very hard on the arms and fingers !
My Buell is an '07 XB 9 R (the red one!! ). I have less than 5,000 miles on it as of right now (subject to change if the weather is "nice and sunny" ), I will probably have the 5K service done and new rear tire on before the sale. The only pics I have at this time(NO this is NOT a shameless plug to myspace either, it is shameful! ) are on my myspace page (Bill 2 of 9 lives used up 7 left to go - I think; the pic has Christina Lee posing with a Samuri sword with the bike).
I do not have a budget set up for the car right now, I have some bills to pay off first, that will free up some $$ for the E-30. I'm not back to work until the 8th of January (maybe the 2nd), so I might have it in the budget about April/ May (depending on what the tax situation is this year too). Unless a "steal of a deal/deal of the century" comes along (I almost went to look at an E 21 the other day, but I do want an E 30, no offense to you E 21 owners -BTW, craigslist stockton 'ya'll).
Sorry 'bout going long again
#6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
Welcome to the Werkz! Glad you stopped in.
Thanx for the Welcome !
#7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
Hi there Bill!
Hi dannyb !
#8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of

If you are an E30 lover - look to Kyle teh Pirate (i.e. "GotKraut") He isone of the moderators here (look for the GREEN name color) and is DA MAN on E30's and a generally nice CA guy!

Look forward to seeing you 'round. Not a Rush music fan are ye? (your screen name make me suspect...)

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness

If you are an E30 lover - look to Kyle teh Pirate (i.e. "GotKraut") He isone of the moderators here (look for the GREEN name color) and is DA MAN on E30's and a generally nice CA guy!

Look forward to seeing you 'round. Not a Rush music fan are ye? (your screen name make me suspect...)
Thanx for the welcome !!

Yea I seen his ride (sweeeettt ride Kyle!!) I hope I can find one that nice (when I'm ready to get it)

Yep a Rush fan too !!(Moving Pictuers is still my fave) I was listening to "Signals" just a while ago I didn't even think of that with the screen name at the time.

Last edited by XitLeft; 12-18-2007 at 05:07 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
^^^^I am a long time DIE HARD RUSH fan! ALmost teh whole catalogue on my 80 GB iPod in Da Roadster! LOVE Signals!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Welcome

#12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
we already have a bill

#13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Who would that be?

to werkz Bill...

Bill

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
n00b

Winter has a spectacular aura about Winter has a spectacular aura about Winter has a spectacular aura about
WAVES!

~At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.~

Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
#15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Quote:
Originally Posted by XitLeft
Hi AlpineSixAndSeven !! I have been watching your thread about the new paint job. Did you get that wet sanding done? (I have not checked it today,yet) It is very time consuming and very hard on the arms and fingers !
My Buell is an '07 XB 9 R (the red one!! ). I have less than 5,000 miles on it as of right now (subject to change if the weather is "nice and sunny" ), I will probably have the 5K service done and new rear tire on before the sale. The only pics I have at this time(NO this is NOT a shameless plug to myspace either, it is shameful! ) are on my myspace page (Bill 2 of 9 lives used up 7 left to go - I think; the pic has Christina Lee posing with a Samuri sword with the bike).
I do not have a budget set up for the car right now, I have some bills to pay off first, that will free up some $$ for the E-30. I'm not back to work until the 8th of January (maybe the 2nd), so I might have it in the budget about April/ May (depending on what the tax situation is this year too). Unless a "steal of a deal/deal of the century" comes along (I almost went to look at an E 21 the other day, but I do want an E 30, no offense to you E 21 owners -BTW, craigslist stockton 'ya'll).
Sorry 'bout going long again
yeah friend had a e21..... dont recommend them sry if anyone has one it is just my opinion......

How much where you looking to get for the bike....

Nope, not done because hands get too tired.......

Ever thought of a 325xi? 4wd handling comes in handy!

yeah just stay on craigslist!

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In