Hello all - opinions requested - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cmbenedict is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Hello all - opinions requested

My name is Chris and I have a 2001 530i in Titanium Silver. This is my first BMW and I'm sorry I waited so long. It's a great ride and has great style. Interested in putting larger wheels (still has oem 16" wheels) and tires but am a bit overwhelmed by all the choices out there - I don't want them to be too big though.

First, what size wheel and tire combos can I use? I know, search is your friend. I did a few searches but did not come up with the quantity of options I had hoped for. Can anyone please point me to any threads that have pics of diff wheels on an E39?

Also would appreciate any recommendations on other basic things I can do to make it look more sporty/aggressive without getting into body work etc.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Welcome, do you want the largest wheel you can fit on it, or the biggest (in height)? You also have to determine the style you want weaves or spokes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#3 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 PM
n00b

cmbenedict is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
dannyb,
Thanks for the response. Would be good to know the details on what are the max sizes/ or wheel tire combos I can get on the car as a starting point. That said, I am not looking to have huge rims or extremely low profile tires. Was considering 17" or 18" rims just to give the car a more sporty look - its a bit conservative with stock wheels. Ride comfort is relatively important as I commute 100+ miles daily.

I really like the spoke style best but am open to weaves as I've seen some good examples of both. Will do another search of the bb but was unsuccessful so far finding a thread with a load of pics to compare styles as they look on the car. I find it difficult to get a true idea of what wheels will look like on tirerack.com and other sites.

Any guidance appreciated - links to other threads, web addresses or pics that folks are willing to post would be great. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In