Hello all, I am new to this site. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:11 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bbryant is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Cool Hello all, I am new to this site.

Hello and thanks for saying Hi.
I have just purchased this 2000 323i back in the summer for the Mrs. Very sweet little car, I am very impressed with the quality even at being 9 years old. First time BMW buyer, so I am not used to this different type of car. I do have one question: Are these cars cold natured? It seems to take a long time to warm the cab since the weather has gotten colder. I have no books yet and from what I heard, you need someone familiar with the BMW line to do any work. Is the thermostat hard to change? Any help or advise would be very appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
2nd Gear Member

Steve323i99 is on a distinguished road
to the werkz and to your 323i. The thermostat in my opinion is a relatively easy DIY, of course once you get the fan off to get to the bolts. There should be a huge array of threads either on this site or on some others on how to get that done. Or you can pick up a Bently service manual for the aide. As far as someone that knows a good deal about BMWs to do work on; I’m not sure about this, but I do know that they are a lot of independent shops all over the place that can work on BMWs. They are really not that hard of a car to work on. The hardest part is that the computer is tied into almost everything and that’s what makes it a little more intimidating. But if you have a little DIY knowledge in autos and you can find a reasonable shop local. You’ll be good to go. Just take some time out of your day and search the forum for common issues with E46 BMWs so that you are prepared in the future. Since I have purchased my 99 323i I have done all the work on it myself save for one that I had done since I am currently in Iraq and it's at my parents and a problem arose while I was here. Good luck and happy motoring, it's a great car.

UUC TSE3 | ST V1 coilovers | TMS sways | CSL replicas 18"x8.5" | ATE slotted rotors w/ Axxis USP | Clear lights all around

Last edited by Steve323i99; 11-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
n00b

bbryant is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Steve for the info. I have owned alot of cars in my life, this one is the most solid. Good luck in Iraq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In