Hello - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
papadude is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Hello

Hope the days has put a smile on your face on at least one occassion. The last of four girls has just recently purchased a 1992 BMW 325i through a friend of a friend, great bargain for sure. There are a few minor things needed to be taken care of, some of which I need help with. Myself, never having any auto other than american made have come to learn this is a whole new experience. Yes, I am a woman however, more than just basic knowledge and understanding when it comes to autos, thanks to my GM father.

The issue I am attempting to deal with at the moment concerns the flasher relay. After searching and searching thru web sites, manuals and a few whom thought they were sure where it was located, I have yet to locate it. I have been told its location by various persons which have given various areas throughout the car. I think the problem could be that the auto parts store where the replacement relay was purchased sold us the incorrect type, therefor leaving me feeling unsure of myself in actually identifying the location.

Please, if anyone has the answer for me and can help me to locate this relay, respond as soon as possible.

I have panels off around and under the steering column, as I have been searching, and I have become annoyed with this rediculous effort. The worst part is that I can't even allow my daughter to drive the car because no brake lights, turn signals, and etc....

I am looking forward to some help from those whom know better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
papadude is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
hey I have found the flasher relay!!!!!!!

It is located in the fuse box under the hood and will be the tall black relay in the middle of the second row closest to the driver.

I am so happy

I found it was hot when I checked it also. I downloaded a pdf file from someone who cares about us all which shows all the diagrams (elektromanual_E36___3[1].pdf - Adobe Reader)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In