BMW Werkz banner

Hell0 from Los Angeles!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  johnnyBgood 
#1 ·
I bought a car from a member - warrenator- of this list, partially from his description of it. It's a 1986 528e, ex- bronze now powder blue, with maybe 225k miles (odo broke), that was his mom-in-laws. She passed a year before, but she had kept up the maintenance on it until a bit before. In those few years, tho- a lot of sitting in the sun. Etc. So: all new belts and hoses, new spark plugs, air filter, the third oil/filter change and finally the oil stays clean, a new fuel filter after a bottle of seafoam and the idle is a lot better. I had forgotten that the gas might be old, too!
Next project will be the timing belt/ water pump bit, then maybe the 3.46 LSD. Then all the door, window and trunk gaskets. Then maybe the dash- the mpg meter works maybe 1:5 times, and I'll fix the odo, and change the bulbs- what are they, anyway? Then maybe some poly for the bushings and mounts- there's quite a few of them.
I bought it for my wife- I have a ford 4wd pos truck- and she lervs the wee thang. We like the little computer- average in-town mpg is @ 16 to 17 in town, but then the average speed is 23 mph. We hit 28 mpg on the freeway. I still don't know how she starts it without hitting the wipers, we still don't really know how the heater/AC system controls work, but other than that Mrs Lincoln we enjoy the play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.