dear i ask this question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: searching...
Photos:
antzcrashing is on a distinguished road
Exclamation dear i ask this question

Im new here and i figured id start some controversy. its probably not a good idea to mention other makes here but anyway.. what do you guys think of the acura tl. its in the price range of a four door 3 series and it has more power than the 3 ive driven the tl b4 but havent got a chance to drive a comprable 3 series. how do you guys feel about the tl?
antzcrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
BMW///MPower is on a distinguished road
Car and Drive and Motortrend magazines both picked the 3 over the tl, C Class, G35, lexus 350, A4, and everyone else in the groupe even though the 3 was the most expensive car... they both said that you get what you pay for

Does that ensware your question?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
You'll be surprised. Please go out and drive the 3. There's a lot mroe to it than numbers on a paper. You'll feel the difference. And dont just take it for some slow drive around the block. Tell the dealership you want to know what makes this car so funt o drive.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
buuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to buuhh99
I have a 325i, I love it, it only had 190 hp stock, it has plenty to dust alot of ricers if that is what u are into, but what it did was give me a sense of pride and love for the road. the car is very composed and inspires alot of confidence while driving

buuhh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to DIRTE30
Over Glorified Honda! Heavy, strange lookin, boring! Plus it won't have that certain "smell"! German cars are just where it's at for the "involved" motorist. Like they said... Just drive em. You'll know.
DIRTE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Hey, the TL is a fine piece of engineering. It looks good and has great power for it's class. And even if it is a "over glorified Honda," there's nothign wrong with that. Honda's are greta cars too, I just find BMW's are much more exciting to drive. They feel rigid, controllable and at the same time delicate and sensitive.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
/Banned

Car: Audi
Photos:
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
+1 to mpower the new tl's are beautiful cars. but i only prefer german vehicles, everything in my family is german..

Preyash
preyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
Hey, the TL is a fine piece of engineering. It looks good and has great power for it's class. And even if it is a "over glorified Honda," there's nothign wrong with that. Honda's are greta cars too, I just find BMW's are much more exciting to drive. They feel rigid, controllable and at the same time delicate and sensitive.
I second everything ///M Power says. I recommend that you go out a test drive the vehicles.

One thing that propels the 3 over the TL in my book is the real-wheel drive.

RWD allows BMW to achieve almost perfectly 50/50 front/back weight distribution, which is ideal (although many are of teh opinion that a little extra in the rear is better, to help during braking action).

I think you will notice the greatest difference durgin cornering and turns. RWD 'pushes' the car through the curve, and you usually find yourself stepping on the gas pedal a little bit more on turnw, because RWD allows you to 'hug' the turn.

I would hate to pay around $35k for a car with torque steer. Absolutely abhor it. Although Acura is one of the best at what they do, the reality is that one of the wheels is farther away from the engine's crank. When starting from a dead stop, one wheel (the one closest) will start spinning faster that the other, forcing the steering in the opposite direction.

It is your car. Your money. Don't do as we say, but go and take a few drives and decide which one you like better, all things considered.

Regardless of your pick, welcome to bimmerwerkz, and we hope to see you around these parts again (regardless of your choice).
Old 07-31-2006, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
octee is on a distinguished road
The TL is a good car, a lot of the reviews I've seen have been very positive about it. It's also very reliable and all that since it is a Honda but then you're comparing apples and oranges. A Bimmer is an experience.. an Acura is just a reliable car.

However, test drive them both and see what you like better, that is always the deciding factor in my opinion.
octee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
BMW///MPower is on a distinguished road
no one can argeu that the new TL is a good car, some can argue it is even more beautiful then the 3 (with Bangler in control), but the BMW has something no one has, it has that something that keep you comming back for more, that makes you wanna go to stop and shop when your wife asks you, just so you can drive the car.

its your choice... hope to see you on this forum asking questions about your new BMW
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In