curt {new member} - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
curt powell is on a distinguished road
curt {new member}

hi just wondering if anyone who is logd on would be able to help with a problem i have with my e36 318is coupe {overheating problem}
curt powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
got a problem with my318is coupe can anyone help {overheatin problem}
Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt powell View Post
got a problem with my318is coupe can anyone help {overheatin problem}
1st.....Welcome to the Werkz....2nd.... you'll need to be a little more clear on what exactly is happening.......loosing coolant anywhere? coolant fans operating? etc...
johnny,
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
saugust is on a distinguished road
hey guys im new to this .i'm doing a conversion right now on my 328i.putting a 2002 m motor in it.i'm looking for some one who did this before.plz call 347-392-1408 .if no answer leave a message and i will call back. thnx
saugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Welcome

What year 318is? Tell us a little bit more about your problem. Otherwise, we don't knwo where to start.

DOe sthe car heat up when moving? Only when sitting at idle? When it is hot outside only? When teh A/C comes on? Please let us know.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saugust View Post
hey guys im new to this .i'm doing a conversion right now on my 328i.putting a 2002 m motor in it.i'm looking for some one who did this before.plz call 347-392-1408 .if no answer leave a message and i will call back. thnx
What ? This is a thread about an overheating problem!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
hi there. curt here just replyin to the mail you left me. about my overheating problem with my 318is, it isnt lossing any coolant and the fan is work fine as it is constantly going as it is driven by the engine. it only seens to do it when i am sat still at idle in any kind of weather condishon but it dont overheat when im driving the car at all.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt powell View Post
hi there. curt here just replyin to the mail you left me. about my overheating problem with my 318is, it isnt lossing any coolant and the fan is work fine as it is constantly going as it is driven by the engine. it only seens to do it when i am sat still at idle in any kind of weather condishon but it dont overheat when im driving the car at all.
This sounds like your clutch fan is not engaged, so therefore not operating as designed.......a test: Have someone start your car up first thing in the morning & cold, you will have the hood up, watch & listen to the fan upon starting it will look like its not turning as fast as the the belts & pulleys, once the fan clutch engages, it will turn as fast as the belts & pulleys, also you will hear a change in sound.......if not, the clutch is bad.......
johnny,

Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Photos:
Garage
Also................................. the condition you explained, you overheat when you are stopped, this is when the movement of air from the fan should cool the engine, so if the fan is not working you will get this condition. When you are moving forced air cools the engine.

johnny,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In