BMW Werkz banner

car stalls on acceleration

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bimmer_Love 
#1 ·
Hi: My bimmer was running great that day. Parked it for a few hours, drove up to a stop light, stepped on the gas and stalled. Restarted no problem, gently accelerated, no problem. Jumped on the gas pedal and stalled. Started again no problem. Same problem when applying more gas. The only change I did was to put in a can of Sea Foam on fill up. Ran fine that day till the following day after a half days drive. Some of my thoughts were....clogged fuel filter (recently replaced), fuel pump (making some strange noises like cavitation) or the mass air flow sensor. Please help. Thank you.

#2 ·
You have two cars listed in your profile. Which one is experiencing the problem?

On a side note, where in Canada are you?

#4 ·
Checked all the vacuum hoses and intakes. run/idles smooth. No other problem except for a noisy main fuel pump. It is the 325e that is having the problem. Two things come to mind that I have to check out. Either its the mass airflow controller or a problem with the throttle valve. I live on Vancouver Island. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.