BMW Werkz banner

Can run flat tires be mixed with regular tires?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lord Vader 
#1 ·
Hi
I am new to the site and hope to get an answer to my tire question. Can i have 2 run flat tires & 2 regular - low profile tires - on my 2007 BMW coupe? I am tired of how quickly my Bridgestone (255/35ZR-18) tires are wearing out in the rear. approximately 18k over 3 summers. My front tires (225/40zr-18) still have ~2 years left on them.
I am considering either Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus XL or Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position. I am a normal driver - not aggresive & very little highway driving. I want the ride & little road noise. anyone have any thoughts on these 2 tires?

I run Bridgestone Blizzacks in the winter so i am concerned about when the snow falls as i am today with my current tires. they are strickly summer high performance tires.

thanks in advance
Coupe 31

#2 ·
I dont have any experience with the Potenza's but i know a few people who run the Pilot Sports and love them. The PSS2's are better then the A/S Plus though.

I recomend replacing all four at once, that way you get rid of the run flats. Their grabage tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.