brake fluid change - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
frank sinatra is on a distinguished road
brake fluid change

WOULD SOMEONE ADVISE ME, I HAVE A 2004 318i E46 SALOON WHICH IS IN NEED OF A BRAKE FLUID CHANGE,IT HAS ASC-T AND I WONDERED IF THERE WERE ANY SPECIAL PRECAUSIONS--DOES 7 DONTS,I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP
frank sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Welcome, 'ol Blue Eyes!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Ask in e46 section might get more answers and do a search im sure this info is already there.

BTW ... Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Car: 2011 Mazda2, 1990 Miata
Photos:
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
Ask in e46 section might get more answers and do a search im sure this info is already there.

BTW ... Welcome
dude you joined in april and you're telling people to search?

anyways, I tried bleeding the brakes on my friend's e46 a long time ago and I remember it being the biggest pain in the ass, I forget even if we got the entire system bleed or not, i'd take it to a shop or bmw dealership, because with the dsc system it can be pretty tough, but if you want to try it out, this is how I do it, basically what you do is buy some new brake fluid, using a fluid with a different color will help so you can tell when new fluid is coming out, jack up the car and support it on jackstands remove all the wheels, now pour in some new fluid into the brake fluid reservoir and screw the cap back on, starting with the right rear, undo the bleeder valve, it's a small valve that is turned using usually a 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, or 9mm wrench, i've seen many sizes so you might have to try them all, undo the valve, have a buddy step on the brake pedal repeatedly, after a while, you'll start to see the new fluid coming out, close the bleeder valve back up, then move to the left rear, then right front, then finally left front, and that's basically it, good luck
Old 07-04-2007, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks For The Advice,from What You Say I Think I Will Better Off Taking It To A Bmw Garage.could Be Cheeper In The Long Run.
Many Thanks
Old 07-04-2007, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHAB323IS
dude you joined in april and you're telling people to search?
I was told on my first day to search and seen everyone told to search... look at the post guidelines and it also tells you to search so even if i joined 20years ago or 2 days ago theres no difference. If I wouldnt of told him to search someone else would have, now the difference between me and someone else would be? It's like if an 40 year mecanic started a new job in a shop and would be told, he isnt aloud to give advise since he just started.
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
Old 07-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I Am New Member And Still Finding My Way Around,i Was Very Grateful For The Advice To Search In E46 It Was Very Helpful. Some Of Us Mature Members Are Not As Quick On The Uptake.many Thanks
Frank Sinatra.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Photos:
Thank you for your understanding. Glad my advice was good
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
Old 07-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Car: 2011 Mazda2, 1990 Miata
Photos:
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
I was told on my first day to search and seen everyone told to search... look at the post guidelines and it also tells you to search so even if i joined 20years ago or 2 days ago theres no difference. If I wouldnt of told him to search someone else would have, now the difference between me and someone else would be? It's like if an 40 year mecanic started a new job in a shop and would be told, he isnt aloud to give advise since he just started.
what are post guidlines? what I meant by you only joining in april is how do you know the information you're telling people to search for is even on this forum, I doubt there were step by step instructions already typed up that he could search for, besides instead of just saying search, I took it into my own hands to answer his question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In