BMW Werkz banner

New Guy From NC... w/ Misfires and no idle

954 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 · (Edited)
Should I just say hi here and ask questions elsewhere?

Well, title pretty much says what is going on. I am getting a multiple cylinder random misfire on all cylinders. I also get a rough idle bounces between 400 and 600 out of gear and is very rough. Will cut off when coasting to a stop. Other times it will idle between 1000 and 2000 revving up and down. I am at a loss.

Here is the history
Car was running rough took it to a shop.

1: shop replaced O2 sensors

and informed me of a leak in the upper intake and that I had a bad ECM

2. I replaced the ECM
3. put in a new intake gasket
4. put in a new throttle body gasket
5. cleaned out the intake and the head(lots of residue)
6. fouled the plugs when I tried to restart the car (so I replaced the plugs)
7. new air filter
8. new fuel filter

FYI - last year the coil packs and the ICV were both replaced. When disconnecting the TPS, the car still does not idle properly.

Any help is much appreciated. Could there be some hose or something that is not connected properly from when I replaced the intake gasket? I can not find anything...

See less See more
#8 ·
Just tried disconnecting the MAF sensor plug and the idle smoothes out it is still missing but the idle is not fluctuating. Should I try cleaning the sensor again or is it a replacement thing?

Also tried disconnecting the TPS and that did not seem to make any difference, so what does that mean? I can not remember.

Thanks again for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.