325I 2003 Sun Roof Stuck Open - Saving 2K in repairs - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wayne_0 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Talking 325I 2003 Sun Roof Stuck Open - Saving 2K in repairs

So my 2003 325I Sun Roof decided it wants to stay open. I make a couple calls to see how much to get fixed. 1500 to 2500 depending on a world of BS (bull Shit). Apparently sun roofs get replaced not fixed. I break out my Bentley Book and start taking apart the sun roof. Out with the glass. Off with the "wind" shield. Slide the glass out. Doesn't look like anything is wrong. Now I am into the car. Out with the back seat. Out with the back rest. off with the pillars. then one by one; i take everything that's attached to the inside ceiling off. The headliner is coming down!!!! Ten bolts later i have the sun roof cassette in my kitchen on the island. Turns out; one of the two cables has jumped out of it slots. which didn't surprise after seeing how cheap these things are made! I take out the torque screws and begin modifying the cable tray. Get it all back in place! Break out the allen wrench. Begin manually crank the motor open and close. The piece of shit is fixed. These sun roofs had to have been a real after thought! Cripes sake the entire things is 90 percent plastic! Its just waiting to break. That's no BS! It goes back in the car in the morning. To hell with the professional mechanics. Rip off artists Keeping my cash in the bank this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Time invested in this project will be roughly 4 to 5 hours. I am not a mechanic but can read and follow directions pretty well. Take you time. Lots of little "plastic clips" that will break if your not careful!

Last edited by wayne_0; 04-17-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: errors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Wow, nice job there!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In