1986 325es - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Conki is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
1986 325es

Hi all!

An old dream came true about one week ago when I acquired a beautiful 23 year-old e30.
I have read lots about bimmers on this forum, and finally I can say I am also a proud owner of one.

I, being a college student, have not much extra money to spend, but when I saw her I had to let all my savings go.

I bought her for $1500. It ran nicely, but now I realized it has some issues. The interior needs a lot of work, including fixing the broken doorhandles, fasten the panels that move around, replace (or temporarily cover) the front seats, etc. I don't know what I'll do with the dashboard that is cracked in like 6 places or so... The manual transmission needs new bushings, because it feels like it's in neutral even when it's in gear.
They broke into the car not a long ago, so the driver's side window is chipped, the tint vynl is coming off, and the aluminum trim around the window is badly deformed. The body has only minor dents, there is no rust, and the original paint is in perfect condition in the engine bay and all around the body, other than the clear-coat peeling on the trunk.
Mechanically, the ICV went out (revving from 800-2300 rpm every 3 seconds when it idles), I don't know if it needs to be cleaned or replaced, because the fuses are all good. Also, I can only start it with a jumper cable, but when it runs, it runs nice and does not die, so the engine itself feels like it's in good condition, the battery might be old.
The car does not have a catalytic converter, so I doubt it would pass the smog test right now, so a new cat is on the list of stuff to be acquired in the near future.

The mileage is unknown, the odometer stopped at 236,448. However, I found a receipt in the car about a timing belt replacement in 2007, then the car had 214,000 miles, so it shouldn't be much more than 240,000 now.
According to the previous owner, the car had the head replaced 4 years ago, new valves and everything. It runs nice and smooth now, so I'm not worried.

Now about the bad part:
I don't have any money right now, so I have to wait until I get a job. Being an international student, I am only allowed to work on campus, so it might take a while for me to find a job that also can work with my schedule.
As soon as I'll have some income, I will fix her up, first taking care of the problems, then treating her with some goodies.
I was never really into the looks of a car, I'm more like a performance and enjoyability kind of guy, but I'd really like to see some late '80s plastic bumpers on her. And a nice skirt of course.

I'll try to add some pictures now, and I will make more soon.
Sorry for my English, I am trying to do my best!

Last edited by Conki; 03-11-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Looks like a very sweet find!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In