BMW Werkz banner

03 325ci passenger door lock out

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Avery Wright 
#1 ·
I've got a nice issue with my passenger door, the door unlocks. The knob coming up and does unlock from the inside handle. The door just doesn't open, either by pulling hard for the outside or kicking the door panel from the inside to get the latch a jolt. No luck getting this door to open. Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to get the door open?

#3 ·
Doesnt open from either side of the door, I finally got it open my sticking a coat hanger down the window and I was able to press down the right spot on the actuator. Now im trying to figure out why it fails to open in the first place. I removed the door panel and tried closing the door and unlocking/ open the door and it works just fine without the door panel.... hmmmmm. To be continued when I put the door panel back on.

#6 ·
Well I couldn't pin point the exact problem with the lock as for now it works perfectly. I drove all week with the door panel off. Tested the lock everyday multiple times , not one problem. I installed the door panel loosely without connecting the inside handle wire, door still worked. Then connected the inside door handle wire, still working fine. Scratching my head at this point. This lock out problem happened to a brand new actuator and the old actuator. I ended up using my old actuator lubed the heck up. Note I only replaced the old actuator because the lock wouldn't pop up with the remote. ( after all the lube on use in the internals it works just fine). The only thing I did different after I was able to unlock the door with a hanger wire was loosing the adjuster screw on the side of the door behind the small black rubber cover. I just loosen it and tighten it back up. That same screw aka threaded dowel pin is where you want to push down when you are trying to unlock the car with a hanger wire. I wish I could nail down the exact cause, but it left me puzzled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.