BMW Werkz banner

Is it worth it.

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  PrInG 
#1 ·
It is worth it to spend money to get Intake and Software and exhaust? Am I gonna feel the diff. if I go out and spend all that money then get in my car ? I know if the car was turboed it would get great gains from software, but being that I'm just running your every day staight 6. What are these upgrades gonna do for me? And am I gonnabe happy with the money I've spent?
thanks

#3 ·
i cant drive a stock car...just cant do it, never ever works, always end up with chip intake and exhaust, as far as difference, sure, but its more about the feels, and sounds that really make the difference...they may not shave off 2 seconds from your 1/4 mile but they will make it more enjoyable.. :D

always worth it

#4 ·
gotKRAUT said:
i cant drive a stock car...just cant do it, never ever works, always end up with chip intake and exhaust, as far as difference, sure, but its more about the feels, and sounds that really make the difference...they may not shave off 2 seconds from your 1/4 mile but they will make it more enjoyable.. :D

always worth it
true what kraut said. you won't have a 10 sec. car from those mods, but you will have a better sounding and slightly more aggressive engine that's fun to drive.

#5 ·
Will any of those cars upgrades get better gas mileage. Or is it gonna be a gas hog after that. If it is gonna feel better I'm not worried about gas. But if I'm gonna be sucking down more gas and wasting money on something that doesn't even make me feel reimbursed afterward.

#7 ·
Your gas mileage will increase incrementally with CAI, software, and catback exhaust, assuming it's a good tune. My Dinan setup on my E36 M3 improved my gas mileage nearly 10% when I was behaving. Which to be honest wasn't very often.

#10 ·
LOL.. That is what I'm screamin. I talked to my body man for the first time. My dad has been doing most of the talking since he knows him. but I called him on mon. He told me he will have it home in 2 weeks. I had a bumper, a fender, a rear diffuser, and some other misc. shit coming in yesterday. So he told me two weeks. I'm ready to get started.

#14 ·
yeah, but I actually talked to the guy this time so I'm a little more optimistic. lol. Before the car wasn't straight that we knew of. parts came in on tuesday he just has to paint them and put them on the car I assume. So it can't be too much longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.