Is it worth it. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 09:22 AM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
(Thread Starter)
Is it worth it.

It is worth it to spend money to get Intake and Software and exhaust? Am I gonna feel the diff. if I go out and spend all that money then get in my car ? I know if the car was turboed it would get great gains from software, but being that I'm just running your every day staight 6. What are these upgrades gonna do for me? And am I gonnabe happy with the money I've spent?
thanks

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
Money spent on a bmw is always worth it.

#3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
i cant drive a stock car...just cant do it, never ever works, always end up with chip intake and exhaust, as far as difference, sure, but its more about the feels, and sounds that really make the difference...they may not shave off 2 seconds from your 1/4 mile but they will make it more enjoyable..

always worth it

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
i cant drive a stock car...just cant do it, never ever works, always end up with chip intake and exhaust, as far as difference, sure, but its more about the feels, and sounds that really make the difference...they may not shave off 2 seconds from your 1/4 mile but they will make it more enjoyable..

always worth it
true what kraut said. you won't have a 10 sec. car from those mods, but you will have a better sounding and slightly more aggressive engine that's fun to drive.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:11 AM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Will any of those cars upgrades get better gas mileage. Or is it gonna be a gas hog after that. If it is gonna feel better I'm not worried about gas. But if I'm gonna be sucking down more gas and wasting money on something that doesn't even make me feel reimbursed afterward.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
#6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Let me ask you a question.
Do you like breathing?

Uh huh, I thought so.
So does your engine.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Your gas mileage will increase incrementally with CAI, software, and catback exhaust, assuming it's a good tune. My Dinan setup on my E36 M3 improved my gas mileage nearly 10% when I was behaving. Which to be honest wasn't very often.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
save money and go F/I

get that c38 kit from AA its only about 4K

#9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Get your car in your garage first.

#10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 AM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
LOL.. That is what I'm screamin. I talked to my body man for the first time. My dad has been doing most of the talking since he knows him. but I called him on mon. He told me he will have it home in 2 weeks. I had a bumper, a fender, a rear diffuser, and some other misc. shit coming in yesterday. So he told me two weeks. I'm ready to get started.

- Bow
#11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 AM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
definetely do those mods. And suspension/ any maintenance that might not have been done.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
3rd Gear Member

Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedInfusion
save money and go F/I

get that c38 kit from AA its only about 4K
Mine will be c38 or c30 blown within the next year

99 Dakar M3
|Conforti|Sharked|TC Kline SA|DEPO||BBS|M50 MANIFOLD|UUC|DDM|SPARCO|OEM X BRACE||SSK|ECS TUNING|MISHIMOTO|
#13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Dude. He's been telling you it's going to be two weeks for the past six months

#14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 AM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
yeah, but I actually talked to the guy this time so I'm a little more optimistic. lol. Before the car wasn't straight that we knew of. parts came in on tuesday he just has to paint them and put them on the car I assume. So it can't be too much longer.

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)