BMW Werkz banner

What Is A Dinan M3

7K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  4evrwyntr 
#1 ·
A dealer is saying that a Dinan is worth more than a normal. Anyone know anything about the Dinan options? :dunno

This is what he wrote me.

I read your inquiry at 8:11PM today. Congratulations for utilizing the Internet buying Program. The goal is a smooth buying process with the price guaranteed. I know what you are looking for ,I still have the 1999 BMW DINAN M-3, with BMW certification to 100K miles, It is a Dinan ( Worth $8,000.00 ) More than a regular M-3. This car is awesome, sale price is $19,995.00 and $18,995.00 thru me. It retails for over $25,000.00 without the warranty and DINAN Features!! :deal

#2 ·
Originally posted by MadBMW@Mar 5 2005, 12:56 PM
A dealer is saying that a Dinan is worth more than a normal. Anyone know anything about the Dinan options? :dunno

I read your inquiry at 8:11PM today. Congratulations for utilizing the Internet buying Program. The goal is a smooth buying process with the price guaranteed. I know what you are looking for ,I still have the 1999 BMW DINAN M-3, with BMW certification to 100K miles, It is a Dinan ( Worth $8,000.00 ) More than a regular M-3. This car is awesome, sale price is $19,995.00 and $18,995.00 thru me. It retails for over $25,000.00 without the warranty and DINAN Features!! :deal
[snapback]304352[/snapback]​
Dinan features vary, but on mine i have the Cold Air intake and the computer chip to go with it...i doubt it is worth 8K more, but it is at least $1500 to get it put on your car.

Sounds like a good price depending on the mileage and the condition of the car...

#3 ·
Originally posted by bitchincamaro+Mar 5 2005, 01:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bitchincamaro @ Mar 5 2005, 01:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MadBMW@Mar 5 2005, 12:56 PM
A dealer is saying that a Dinan is worth more than a normal.  Anyone know anything about the Dinan options? :dunno

I read your inquiry at 8:11PM  today. Congratulations for utilizing the Internet buying Program. The goal is a smooth buying process with the price guaranteed.  I know what you are looking for ,I still have  the 1999 BMW DINAN M-3, with BMW certification to 100K miles, It is a Dinan ( Worth $8,000.00 ) More than a regular M-3. This car is awesome, sale price is $19,995.00 and $18,995.00 thru me. It retails for over $25,000.00 without the warranty and DINAN Features!!  :deal
[snapback]304352[/snapback]​
Dinan features vary, but on mine i have the Cold Air intake and the computer chip to go with it...i doubt it is worth 8K more, but it is at least $1500 to get it put on your car.

Sounds like a good price depending on the mileage and the condition of the car...
[snapback]304372[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

this is the stats
Mileage: 67,621
Exterior Color: Black
Body Style: Coupe
Doors: Two Door
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual
Drive Type: 2 wheel dri
Heated Vadar seats
Is it still a good deal?

Attachments

#4 ·
My understanding of how dinan works is this:

You can have a bmw and have dinan parts in it but it's not technically a "dinan" car and I believe they won't let you buy one of their logos (from them at least) to put on your car until you earn enough "Dinan" points. Being a dinan car does add prestige over other BMWs and is usually going to be worth more as not everyone has a dinan car.

#6 ·
Originally posted by jrhaile@Mar 5 2005, 02:33 PM

You can have a bmw and have dinan parts in it but it's not technically a "dinan" car and I believe they won't let you buy one of their logos (from them at least) to put on your car until you earn enough "Dinan" points. Being a dinan car does add prestige over other BMWs and is usually going to be worth more as not everyone has a dinan car.
[snapback]304421[/snapback]​
I found out that they are labeled on the left rear of the car

Attachments

#7 ·
Originally posted by MadBMW+Mar 5 2005, 02:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MadBMW @ Mar 5 2005, 02:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jrhaile@Mar 5 2005, 02:33 PM

[snapback]304421[/snapback]​
I found out that they are labeled on the left rear of the car
[snapback]304466[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]MadBMW, this is right, though I am far from a Dinan expert. I heard somewhere that there is a rule of thumb on the value of a mod car. I could be wrong, but it's something like $0.50 the cost of the mod, plus the value of the stock car. So, if the car is worth $10,000 and the mods cost $3,000, then fair value is $10,000 + $1,500 = $11,500. You would have to find out what the mods are and then get prices for them from Dinan.

#8 ·

Wow.

DINAN is simply an aftermarket company that tailors to BMWs. It's like, THE name brand for BMW upgrades.

If you earn 10 DINAN points, you get a DINAN badge -- you put it on the trunk of your car.

A chip is like one point, transmission software is two, etc. It just depends on the upgrade.

A supercharger is 10 points, so, hey, it might have that.

Check out www.dinanbmw.com.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Johnathan_Hess@Mar 5 2005, 09:19 PM

Wow.

DINAN is simply an aftermarket company that tailors to BMWs. It's like, THE name brand for BMW upgrades.

If you earn 10 DINAN points, you get a DINAN badge -- you put it on the trunk of your car.

A chip is like one point, transmission software is two, etc. It just depends on the upgrade.

A supercharger is 10 points, so, hey, it might have that.

Check out www.dinanbmw.com.
[snapback]304638[/snapback]​
thankyou :D

#11 ·
Hey
Ya theres no way its a dinan m3.

All get back to that in a second.

Price seems to be great. I would ask to have it inspected by some1 your familiar with before buying the vehicle. Because thats an awsome awsome price for an M.

I personally own a 1997 cosmos black m3 almost exact to that car your looking at and IM telling you these little gems get expensive real quick.

Now did he say 8k in retail parts for the M from dinan?

OK well if so heres a run down.

Supercharger kit all together in like 7500 bucks <<<it doesnt have that im positive

Cold air :400 bucks
Exhuast 1,200 bucks
Chip :350 bucks
lets just say all strut bars: 800 bucks
high flow throttle boday i believe is 400 somthing.

So lets say he has somthing like all those mods besides the supercharger.

your looking at about 3 grand in mods . Dont let this greased up dealer bull shit you into a good deal for him.

Quick note for things you'll be soon to be paying for if you indeed buy the car.

Fuel pump
Water Pump
OEM radiator
Fan clutch
Flex disk (which is located between the drive shaft and transmision)
Your windows will most likly have the problem of going up all the way. So you will have to tap the button instead of the one touch go up option.

These are some of the most common problems with the M's.

I love my car but shes expensive. :rock <<<Shes worth it when you unleash her on the backs and the highway.

PM me or reply if you got any qustions.

btw sounds like a good deal in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.