What Brand To Go With Euro Headlights? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 06:31 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
keikun is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have a 1998 M3 sedan silver I was wondering since everybody here has their preferences on headlights w/angel eyes. What brand should i go with? Any suggestions and feed back? I'm looking durability and reliablity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 09:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

///Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
Hella or nothing. Hella fits perfecty as they are the outside supplier to BMW...everything else is close, but no cigar.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, what do you people think the black interior housing or the chrome? Does anyone know how bright the angel eyes in a Hella kit? Do they come in different collors?
#4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 03:53 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
There is a guy at my school with a 328is and he got the chrome hella headlights, and they ruined his car. They are the UGLYEST things I have ever seen on a bmw. Plus the angel eyes are very dim and cannot even be seen well at night. I would recommend checking out jlevisw.com and get some zkw or depo's.

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:12 AM
n00b

Tingtong187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would def. go with ZKWs. THey are really a quality product. If you talk to someone who really knows about BMWs they would agree. ZKWs are what come on the euro models for what I have heard. I have a pair my self, and they are great. They fit to a T, and the lighting is superb, specailly with a xenon kit.
#6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Jlevi is one of the site sponsers... check his site out... or go to the sponser forum...

Good Luck,

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:10 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, does ZKW make the housing in black? I though Hella was a good brand? Didn't they orginate the angel eye system? or am i just lost?
#8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:20 AM
1st Gear Member

ganjacyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ganjacyde Send a message via MSN to ganjacyde
Quote:
Originally posted by keikun@Jun 7 2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks, does ZKW make the housing in black? I though Hella was a good brand? Didn't they orginate the angel eye system? or am i just lost?
[snapback]351517[/snapback]
Yes, as far as I know ZKW only makes their headlights with a black housing. Hella is a really good brand, its just that people have different tastes...so just because one person finds them ugly doesn't mean they aren't good headlights. I have hellas, and I couldn't be more satisfied. They look attractive during the day, and at night the angel eyes are plenty bright enough (mine are a light blue tint, you can also get them in white/red from certain retailers). I have no idea what slvr is talking about when he says they are dim...his friend must have bought a pair of lights with bad rings, because I've had my car right next to one which had ZKW's, and the brightness was about the same. I wouldn't really trade my hellas for anything. They've worked well, proven to be ultra bright at night when I need them, and have never fogged once.
But, buy whatever is within your budget, you can get a good pair of angel eyes by the brand of DEPO for roughly $300 (whereas hellas/zkw tend to be upwards of $600), and they are really nice aswell.

<embed src="http://www.svcountryclub.com/upload/e36m42.swf" width="420" height="140" background="none" menu="false">
#9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:02 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by ganjacyde+Jun 7 2005, 09:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ganjacyde @ Jun 7 2005, 09:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-keikun@Jun 7 2005, 11:10 AM
[snapback]351517[/snapback]
Yes, as far as I know ZKW only makes their headlights with a black housing. Hella is a really good brand, its just that people have different tastes...so just because one person finds them ugly doesn't mean they aren't good headlights. I have hellas, and I couldn't be more satisfied. They look attractive during the day, and at night the angel eyes are plenty bright enough (mine are a light blue tint, you can also get them in white/red from certain retailers). I have no idea what slvr is talking about when he says they are dim...his friend must have bought a pair of lights with bad rings, because I've had my car right next to one which had ZKW's, and the brightness was about the same. I wouldn't really trade my hellas for anything. They've worked well, proven to be ultra bright at night when I need them, and have never fogged once.
But, buy whatever is within your budget, you can get a good pair of angel eyes by the brand of DEPO for roughly $300 (whereas hellas/zkw tend to be upwards of $600), and they are really nice aswell.
Where do you recommend i purchase headlights from any links? Do you have any pictures of your lights? If so i would really appreciate it.
[snapback]351520[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
#10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:47 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Do you have any pictures of your lights? If so i would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)