BMW Werkz banner

Types of batteries and battery registration

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Moonshot 
#1 ·
I am in desperate need of some factual clarification regarding the type of battery I just installed on my e60 M5. I decided not to take any chances and simply buy the battery from the dealer and go with what they tell me to install. They sold me part no.61212353810. In order to Register this new battery, I need to specify what type of battery it is. This is where it gets amazingly tricky. The battery sticker indicates 90 AH and 720 CCA, but nothing at all on the type of battery (Why????). I can see the cells are half-filled with a liquid and the case is white. It is also somewhat serviceable because there are (round, philips-head) screw-on caps providing access to the cells. It also has venting (on which attaches a ventilation tube). Some tell me if it's white then it's AGM. Others tell me AGM batteries are black. Others tell me the color of the case has no real significance. Can someone tell me for sure what type of battery this is (AGM, FLA or GEL)? (and, for that matter, am I correct in the types I have mentioned)? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.