Track Pipes/mid Pipes - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
StrictlyBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Ok so i get an exhaust and i want more power. So i've been looking into track pipes and mid pipes. I've looked at Active Autowork and Turner motorsports, but everyone wants $500 to $700 dollars! I have a shop with well skilled welders, whats the difference between these $500 to $700 track pipes and me cutting out the stock cat, wleding in some exhaust pipe, and buying some fake O2 sensors? I would save almost $400 to $600 dollars.

Whats so great about theres to cost that much more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
n00b

R Revolution is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to R Revolution
Quote:
Originally posted by StrictlyBMW@Jan 17 2005, 01:13 PM
Ok so i get an exhaust and i want more power. So i've been looking into track pipes and mid pipes. I've looked at Active Autowork and Turner motorsports, but everyone wants $500 to $700 dollars! I have a shop with well skilled welders, whats the difference between these $500 to $700 track pipes and me cutting out the stock cat, wleding in some exhaust pipe, and buying some fake O2 sensors? I would save almost $400 to $600 dollars.

Whats so great about theres to cost that much more?
[snapback]273333[/snapback]
None of those midpipes get rid of the Rasp which you have on your E46 M3. A lot of things come into consideration such as the finish of the midpipes, weight, and what exactly they do. Not, all midpipes do the same thing.

For instance, the UUC midpipes cost the most for 1) it is one huge midpipe & 2) get rids of the Rasp allowing your BMW to be much louder than it is stock. I hope that answers your question.

<a href='http://www.rpmrevolution.com' target='_blank'>www.rpmrevolution.com</a>
#3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
n00b

StrictlyBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
The M3 i have is a 97 E36 with a UUC system U exhaust. And I basically want a louder exhaust and more power that comes with more flow. So once agian why couldn't I do it myself, cut out the cat, weld in some exhaust pipe, and buy a fake O2 sensor? WHat is the benifit of buying those $600 mid pipes besides less weight and a polished finish? Also, what is "rasp"?
#4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 04:31 PM
n00b

R Revolution is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to R Revolution
Quote:
Originally posted by StrictlyBMW@Jan 17 2005, 03:11 PM
The M3 i have is a 97 E36 with a UUC system U exhaust. And I basically want a louder exhaust and more power that comes with more flow. So once agian why couldn't I do it myself, cut out the cat, weld in some exhaust pipe, and buy a fake O2 sensor? WHat is the benifit of buying those $600 mid pipes besides less weight and a polished finish? Also, what is "rasp"?
[snapback]273470[/snapback]
If you want a E36 M3 midpipes, I could sell you an Eisenmann connecting pipe/sound pipe for $200 shipped. Comes in a stainless steel finish. Brand new & never installed.

<a href='http://www.rpmrevolution.com' target='_blank'>www.rpmrevolution.com</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)