TPM malfunction: settings menu will not allow me to reset the pressure gauge - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Viracocha is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Viracocha
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation TPM malfunction: settings menu will not allow me to reset the pressure gauge

Hi,

I recently took my car to a body shop to repaint the front and back bumpers (the horrors of parking on the street). When I got the car back, the tire pressure icon was lit up. I checked the pressure on the tires and they were just fine. I then cruised the car at around 5 miles per hour so that I could reset the TPM in the settings menu. I clicked on "yes" when the feature was enabled, but it won't reset the alert.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this and also why this may have malfunctioned? I also recently had to take my car back to BMW in order to correct a software malfunction that would disable my anti-lock breaks and stabilization control (as well as the general recall that happened for all 1st generation dual clutch transmission m3s)

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)