Tire Rumble - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
34022DR is an unknown quantity at this point
I own a 1999 BMW M3 which I purchased last Nov. '03. It has Goodyear Eagle F1 tires mounted. The right rear tire rumbles, especially when starting to drive and the rubber is still cold. The mechenic I use and trust for my basic maintanance says the tire is "scalped" or somthing like that. He recomends that I have the suspension checked befor considering new tires.
Has anyone encountered this problem or have any thoughts?
34022DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2004, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Been here a while.

Car: Blah
Photos:
97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Yes... its maybe one of three things... it is natural for e36 Ms to wear a little bit faster on the rear right tire due to the limited slip diff... its not a very tight diff back there.. but it enough to notice if you absolutly work the car on a regular basis... another reason for the wear on that tire might be your rear tailing arm bushing.. might be born causing the tires to angle in a direction that promotes wear.

Is the inside of the tire wear faster?... if so.. you have camber problems... if it is very extensive... you can purchase adjustable camber arms to control the camber on the tires back there.. and prevent the excesive wear.

BTW.. its a good rule of thumb.. to maybe ever 3 months look under the car.. and inspect your bushings... every single one of them.. and make sure they have no signs of deterioration... the slightest wear can cause a bushing to fail.. causing more problems... often you cant tell if a bushing is fully failed untill you have taken it apart from the arm.... just do a good inspection.

Good Luck

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
97alpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 98 M3
Photos:
KingScare is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to KingScare
Damn...thank you.
KingScare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)