Is There A M3 Sedan? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:03 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DC4Integra is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Is there an M3 Four door?
DC4Integra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:05 PM
What? No Autobahn?
 
jrhaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
yes... only from like 97 and 98 though I believe...

jrhaile is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member
 
///M3 FX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
///M3 FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ///M3 FX
Quote:
Originally posted by jrhaile@Oct 26 2004, 09:05 PM
yes... only from like 97 and 98 though I believe...
[snapback]219190[/snapback]
What he said ^^^^ :P

///M3 Cc #47
<img src='http://www.sfxradio.net/Brad/them.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Current: 97 ///M3 Estroil Blue Coupe/Manual
Sold: 98 ///M3 Cosmos Black Cabrio/Auto
///M3 FX is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 09:49 AM
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DC4Integra is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thank You
DC4Integra is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Science Roolz!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS


pics for the hell of it

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
SHAHAB323IS is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:42 AM
n00b
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
former_d1 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should easily find one on autotrader. There were about 9000 shipped to the us (4500 manuals and 4500 autos). 20k should land you one with about 80 to 100 miles. You will see some listed with below 50k but they will be asking 25k and up.
former_d1 is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
M5IAN is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm almost sure it was just 1997 but i could be wrong
M5IAN is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Science Roolz!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
Quote:
Originally posted by M5IAN@Oct 27 2004, 03:56 PM
I'm almost sure it was just 1997 but i could be wrong
[snapback]219682[/snapback]
i've seen 98's

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
SHAHAB323IS is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 09:02 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Anaheim, CA.
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
acostaM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got mine about 3 weeks ago, a 1997. it's the best bimmer i've owned. but i do noticeALOT of people...mostly hondas, try to race me. it's my thought that they think i'm a poser, and want to mess with me because they think i'm sporting a fake M3, because most people don't know that M3 sedans are real.
mostly i ignore them but sometimes...with the really annoying persistaint ones i show them my taillights.

heck, until my friend pointed them out to me on auto trader, even i didn't know that there was such a thing as a 4-door M.
acostaM3 is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Neutral Member
 
bitchincamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bitchincamaro is an unknown quantity at this point
yep, i have a 98 m3 sedan...just like the silver one in the pic above...except with a nice little AC Schnitzer spoiler, very tasteful, not a freaking huge wing.

and yep, it smokes just about anyone who wants to get cute in their POS honda with a super-ugly giant spoiler...

the nice thing about it really is that it is such a sweet car, you don't need to race anyone in a honda...because you know that you are in the M3 and they aren't.
bitchincamaro is offline  
#11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 05:45 PM
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: mass
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
catalyst. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to catalyst.
Quote:
Originally posted by former_d1@Oct 27 2004, 09:42 AM
You should easily find one on autotrader. There were about 9000 shipped to the us (4500 manuals and 4500 autos). 20k should land you one with about 80 to 100 miles. You will see some listed with below 50k but they will be asking 25k and up.
[snapback]219420[/snapback]
psshh 15-18 will get you one easy.

catalyst. is offline  
#12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Neutral Member
 
bitchincamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bitchincamaro is an unknown quantity at this point
15K? I doubt it..maybe for like a 93 that is beat up with 150K miles or something. You want a nice one? You have to pay for it. 19-22K will get a good one with low miles. And you dont want one that some 16 year old kid has been driving either...
Good luck though...it just depends on what you want. You get what you pay for. If you are spending 15K, why not spend 20K?
bitchincamaro is offline  
#13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:43 PM
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: mass
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
catalyst. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to catalyst.
Quote:
Originally posted by bitchincamaro@Oct 30 2004, 05:30 PM
15K? I doubt it..maybe for like a 93 that is beat up with 150K miles or something. You want a nice one? You have to pay for it. 19-22K will get a good one with low miles. And you dont want one that some 16 year old kid has been driving either...
Good luck though...it just depends on what you want. You get what you pay for. If you are spending 15K, why not spend 20K?
[snapback]221396[/snapback]
um.. they werent even sold in 1993 (at least in the US, im pretty sure not in europe either) The first m3 in the US was in 1995, and that was the 3.0L 240HP version, available in coupe only. The 4door came around in 97 i beleive, and it had the OBDII 3.2L 280HP engine. correct me if im wrong?

ive said it before, and i will say it again.. go to private sellers with cash in hand and thats when you will find your deals. i know of at least one m3 for sale in my area, PERFECT conditon listed at 14k OBO.. i guarantee you you could get it for 11-13, and it has 70k miles on it.

as for spending 15k instead of 20k.. well some of us veiw 5 grand as a large sum of money.

catalyst. is offline  
#14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Science Roolz!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
Quote:
Originally posted by catalyst.+Oct 30 2004, 07:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catalyst. @ Oct 30 2004, 07:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bitchincamaro@Oct 30 2004, 05:30 PM
15K? I doubt it..maybe for like a 93 that is beat up with 150K miles or something. You want a nice one? You have to pay for it. 19-22K will get a good one with low miles. And you dont want one that some 16 year old kid has been driving either...
Good luck though...it just depends on what you want. You get what you pay for. If you are spending 15K, why not spend 20K?
[snapback]221396[/snapback]
um.. they werent even sold in 1993 (at least in the US, im pretty sure not in europe either) The first m3 in the US was in 1995, and that was the 3.0L 240HP version, available in coupe only. The 4door came around in 97 i beleive, and it had the OBDII 3.2L 280HP engine. correct me if im wrong?

ive said it before, and i will say it again.. go to private sellers with cash in hand and thats when you will find your deals. i know of at least one m3 for sale in my area, PERFECT conditon listed at 14k OBO.. i guarantee you you could get it for 11-13, and it has 70k miles on it.

as for spending 15k instead of 20k.. well some of us veiw 5 grand as a large sum of money.
[snapback]221424[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]


the 3.2l obd2 is still 240 hp, not 280, just a correction for ya

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
SHAHAB323IS is offline  
#15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 11:30 PM
W00T
 
Numark318i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 2,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally posted by catalyst.+Oct 30 2004, 07:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catalyst. @ Oct 30 2004, 07:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bitchincamaro@Oct 30 2004, 05:30 PM
15K? I doubt it..maybe for like a 93 that is beat up with 150K miles or something.* You want a nice one? You have to pay for it.* 19-22K will get a good one with low miles.* And you dont want one that some 16 year old kid has been driving either...
Good luck though...it just depends on what you want.* You get what you pay for.* If you are spending 15K, why not spend 20K?
[snapback]221396[/snapback]
um.. they werent even sold in 1993 (at least in the US, im pretty sure not in europe either) The first m3 in the US was in 1995, and that was the 3.0L 240HP version, available in coupe only. The 4door came around in 97 i beleive, and it had the OBDII 3.2L 280HP engine. correct me if im wrong?

ive said it before, and i will say it again.. go to private sellers with cash in hand and thats when you will find your deals. i know of at least one m3 for sale in my area, PERFECT conditon listed at 14k OBO.. i guarantee you you could get it for 11-13, and it has 70k miles on it.

as for spending 15k instead of 20k.. well some of us veiw 5 grand as a large sum of money.
[snapback]221424[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
i hope you meant to say first E36 M3, because remember there was the E30 M3's...drool.

Numark318i is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: e36 Sedan Amber Corners egk2 OEM Parts 2 09-28-2005 03:33 AM
Coupe Vs. Sedan Spoiler 92_325i 3-Series (E36) 2 08-16-2005 04:19 AM
WTB: E36 Sedan Stuff SinSeven Classifieds Sell & Buy 5 09-15-2004 03:49 PM
porsche sedan? e36_m3_Turbo Other Rides 10 05-26-2004 01:48 PM
M5 Spied! BMW's next-generation super sedan caught Stacy540i Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk 24 10-05-2003 02:57 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome