BMW Werkz banner

test pipes on 99

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mnichols 
#1 ·
hey i was just wondering what exactly should i be expecting from eisenmann test pipes. car is a five speed and stock but should be getting cosmos intake very soon. i will be getting a full cat back exhaust soon also from eisenmann but i can't get that as of right now i am only going to be getting the test pipes. so would fitment be ok with the test pipes and stock catback?? and what gains or losses should i expect from these and will it make my car sound any different?? like louder, or will the tone of the car be affected and should i be expecting backfire?? thanksss

#3 ·
Cat back exhaust

I just did the reverse, I kept the stock cats and installed a Rogue Engineering DMS 36 catback exhaust. I wanted to keep the DB down since I still drive on the street occasionally. The exhaust helped significantly at higher RPM's the dyno indicate 5-7 HP on consecutive runs.

Then I installed a chip (ebay clone), moves the redline to 7200 and increases fuel flow at top end, plus removes the top speed limiter. This change gave me another 12-15 hp at top end on the dyno. So the pair gave me an honest 20hp at the wheels.

I personally believe the muffler represent far more restriction on the exhaust than the cats, so I did this first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.