Super Charge or Twin Turbo - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2003, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
izwar is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont have my M3 yet but hopefully soon ill have one im planning on a 2000 to 2002 stick,

Just out of curiosity not sayin im gonna do it but what would be a better upgrade a supercharger or a twin turbo. I am leaniong towards a supercharger because its always with the car it doesnt only kick in when you punch it :wink
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2003, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
the///man is an unknown quantity at this point
if your going to get a 2001 and up model m3...they dont make turbos or twin turbos for them. they have expiremented with superchargers but fires and explosions have resulted. so thats an extremely unreliable path to take your car down. hell, they are still expirementing with regular CAI's. plus any type of forced induction will void that precious little warranty unless its a dinan product and dinan doesnt make that stuff for the m3...yet
the///man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 03:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bambam is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep the new m3s come with such high compression that a suprecharger would be asking for trouble. who knows maybe in the future? I would look for a nice e36 1995-1999 m3 and put a turbo kit. its probably even less money than a new m3
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 04:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
izwar is an unknown quantity at this point
i was just wondering because AA tuning offeres 2 packages superchargers or twin turbos, im sure they must tune the car to accomodate the super or turbos because there pretty experieanced in Beamers
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 04:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
roloson is an unknown quantity at this point
A company called ESS products will have a forced induction system for the 01-03 M3 in January. Max boast will be in the 6-7 pound range do to compression issues. Should get you about 420HP. That is really pushing the bottom end, but thats what performance guys do right?

http://www.esstuning.com/

"The Thrill"
roloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)