Stick Stuck In Gear - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bmwforumerm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Still havent gotten pics on the site yet....ive taken like 500 prolly lol...im lazy i gotta get some pictures up here for you guys.

So a couple of weeks ago my fan clutch decided to POP right out about an inch id say...pretty fucked up...smashed my fan into the radiator and all three items were destroyed....anyways after a new OEM:radiator,fan,fan clutch and flex disk....that was somthing that needed to get replaced before. anyyyways 1500 bucks later and about 3 weeks later i was shifting gear pretty hard into 3rd and the thing gets stuck?

Im no newb driver either, for the record. And this has never ever happend to me. And i mean stuck, it would NOT move clutch in and everything. So i started freaking out. "SON OF A BITCH NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM!!!

btw i was kinda racing a vr4 Forgot to menchen that. Oh and b4 my third gear bull shit i was winning by a half a car.

No bragging stories just yet though. Anyways took some fittling with after i got off the road by it took some real strength to get in back into nuetral. After that it was just fine and still is.

so the qustion is what is this? is this a clutch lock up?

Just kinda confuesed

Its 110% now just scared the hell outa me.

Thanks

Mtilltheend

<span style='color:blue'>

My 1997 cosmos black m3
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780</a>
</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 11:41 AM
n00b

ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwforumerm3@Feb 25 2005, 12:38 PM
Still havent gotten pics on the site yet....ive taken like 500 prolly lol...im lazy i gotta get some pictures up here for you guys.

So a couple of weeks ago my fan clutch decided to POP right out about an inch id say...pretty fucked up...smashed my fan into the radiator and all three items were destroyed....anyways after a new OEM:radiator,fan,fan clutch and flex disk....that was somthing that needed to get replaced before. anyyyways 1500 bucks later and about 3 weeks later i was shifting gear pretty hard into 3rd and the thing gets stuck?

Im no newb driver either, for the record. And this has never ever happend to me. And i mean stuck, it would NOT move clutch in and everything. So i started freaking out. "SON OF A BITCH NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM!!!

btw i was kinda racing a vr4 Forgot to menchen that. Oh and b4 my third gear bull shit i was winning by a half a car.

No bragging stories just yet though. Anyways took some fittling with after i got off the road by it took some real strength to get in back into nuetral. After that it was just fine and still is.

so the qustion is what is this? is this a clutch lock up?

Just kinda confuesed

Its 110% now just scared the hell outa me.

Thanks

Mtilltheend
[snapback]299201[/snapback]
Might have just needed some time.. might have been a CM out of place and just had to drop it. I would bring it over to a BMW dealership just so make sure nothign happens when you're out driving...

Current Vehicles:
2005 Porsche 997 Carrera
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition
2001 Dodge Stratus with 3000 watts of sound.
1988 E30 BMW 325 (supercharger in progress)

Coming Soon:
Sport Bike, suggestions are welcome!
#3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 PM
n00b

b3toy is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the SMG and if it detects a fault in the system, it only allows a certain shift and the it locks! This allows the car to be driven to the nearest BMW garage. I'm just wondering, does yours have this safety feature? And if so, what are the consequences of a 'forced shift'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)