| Originally posted by superrrguy@Nov 5 2004, 08:54 AM |
Also, for reverse, how can I program the passenger side mirror to go to the possition I want. It currently goes so far down I can't see anything. When in reverse, if I try to move the mirror, it goes back to the regular position. When I move it to the position I want, it only changes the regular forward position.
Suggest you have your dealer change this setting. When I first got my M3 it was one of the first things I had them alter. Most of the custom settings are key-specific such as mirror position, etc, and I think they are memory-specific as well (i.e. make sure you have a stored seat position).
Anyway, if you guys haven't tried this yet, I can vouch for the instructions. My service manager did not know about it, but it obviously worked.
Quote from bimmer.roadfly.org....
Here is what they need to do to activate the custom reverse mirror tilt settings:
1. Connect the car to the DIS system.
2. Choose "1. Car Memory"
3. Choose "9. Seat/Mirror Memory"
4. Choose "2. Mirror Memory Automatic Kerb Parking Function"
5. Choose "1. Active" (It is set to "Inactive" by default)
6. Upload the new settings to the car.
7. Turn the ingnition off and then back on.
8. Disconnect the car from the DIS system.
To position the mirror:
1. Push the mirror selector switch to the passenger side.
2. Put the car in reverse. (The mirror should tilt down)
3. Adjust the mirror position to what ever makes you happy.
4. Put the car back into N or 1. (The mirror should tilt back up)
That's it. Now when ever you back up the mirror will adjust to your custom settings, instead of all the way down. Please note that the mirror adjustment selector switch must be set to the passenger side for this to work. This is opposite of the way it works by default.