Salvage title M3? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
FlyinHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, found an M3 in my area for 12500 with 56k miles on it. Only problem with it is that it has a salvage title, there was no frame damage sustained, and the body was completely fixed. Now how bad do you think it would be to buy a salvaged car? and do you think that this is an ok price for it? what makes salvage such a bad thing?

let me know what you think

thanks
FlyinHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2003, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ski
Sheer Driving Pleasure

Car:
Photos:
Ski is an unknown quantity at this point
What year??

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 330xi Loaded
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
FlyinHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry its a 95 8-)
FlyinHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
id take it to a good relable mechanic to get a second or third opinion on what type of damage has really happened to the car, dont take mr or mrs. dealerships word for it. ive been working partime at a reputable BMW mechanics shop for about 6-7 months now and ive seen quite a few cars come it that had little damage to extreme frame damage. what i noticed is that the dealership (not BMW certified series but your local Joe-shmo ) tells the customer that it had been in an accident but it was very minor and all cosmetic damage was fixed. now when we inspect the car ive seen frames bent so badly that they purposely made the car have an aligment problem to correct any hint of a problem with the car. but any real BMW owner would notice the feel right away. all i can tell you is that you really should get it looked at. a lot of people in this world are crooked

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)