BMW Werkz banner

Salvage title M3?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
ok, found an M3 in my area for 12500 with 56k miles on it. Only problem with it is that it has a salvage title, there was no frame damage sustained, and the body was completely fixed. Now how bad do you think it would be to buy a salvaged car? and do you think that this is an ok price for it? what makes salvage such a bad thing?

let me know what you think

thanks

#4 ·
id take it to a good relable mechanic to get a second or third opinion on what type of damage has really happened to the car, dont take mr or mrs. dealerships word for it. ive been working partime at a reputable BMW mechanics shop for about 6-7 months now and ive seen quite a few cars come it that had little damage to extreme frame damage. what i noticed is that the dealership (not BMW certified series but your local Joe-shmo ) tells the customer that it had been in an accident but it was very minor and all cosmetic damage was fixed. now when we inspect the car ive seen frames bent so badly that they purposely made the car have an aligment problem to correct any hint of a problem with the car. but any real BMW owner would notice the feel right away. all i can tell you is that you really should get it looked at. a lot of people in this world are crooked

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.