BMW Werkz banner

S52 owners

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  boostinsixtwintturbo 
#1 ·
So i i got February edition of european car, and read a nice article on s52 using s50 manifold. I know you guys already know about the swap, but its cool to see the obdII making allot of power with a couple of things, but i also see that its very pricey.
example....baseline figure s52, MY99 208 whp, with 150k on the odo.

EHP stage 1 .. intake kit , and software..+13.9 @5750rpm 13.2 tq 5050 =218 whp $359

EHP stage 2... S50 intake manifold...233 whp with stock HFM peak loss of 17.4hp and 23.3 tq@3930rpm.(no software yet for this setup)new manifold..$497+375 for cnc, refurbished $275 +$ 375 for cnc

EHP schrick 264/256+euro hfm 244whp still on stock exhaust..... Schrick Camshafts, M50 Manifold Conversion Kit (manifold sold separately), 24# Injectors, 3.5" Euro Intake System, Specially Calibrated 3.5" HFM, ASC Delete Boot, Fan Delete Kit, Fuel Rail Cover, Full Instruction Set, and Tuned Shark Injector $ 3396

UUC RSC36 cat back 246 peak hp. and a $900 price tag, but i dont think it would really matter much, since there other affordable cat backs with almost the same peak hp being produced.

so all in all almost $5800 in just parts and NOT labor.
Good numbers but can get very pricey. Now is this all the car can get with these mildy agressive cams, or is there more power still lurking without cracking the bottom?

just thinking,

See less See more
#2 ·
The m50 manifold is an easy swap. Software would optimize it but is not necessary. I know a member who did that camkit and he said if he had to do it over again he wishes he would have went straight for forced induction. It's a waste of money for not that little power.

#3 ·
Is the S50 manifold truly plug and play with the S52, or should you widen the intake ports? Is the manifold the only piece you replace, or are there gaskets you have to worry about too?

#4 ·
M3UOND said:
Is the S50 manifold truly plug and play with the S52, or should you widen the intake ports? Is the manifold the only piece you replace, or are there gaskets you have to worry about too?

)new manifold..$497+375 for cnc, refurbished $275 +$ 375 for cnc

new seals and all the other stuff, its not plug and play, CNC maching is involved.

But they say they recommend you find your own manifold.

#5 ·
///M Power said:
The m50 manifold is an easy swap. Software would optimize it but is not necessary. I know a member who did that camkit and he said if he had to do it over again he wishes he would have went straight for forced induction. It's a waste of money for not that little power.

Thats very true eric, i was wondering how much power can you go by N/A? i know that it will get very very expensive, so i really dont see the purpose of this test , only maybe to see that if you have deep pockets then you can still go N/A, and still make minimal power. I guess F/I IS the way to go , whether it be turbine, or positive displacement supercharger.And these could be had for alomst the same amount of money or a little less and have enormous increase as oppose to N/A.But its good to see people taking time doing R&D.

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.