BMW Werkz banner

Rim and Tire size

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JEllis 
#1 ·
I have a 95 M3 and I would like to put some aftermarket wheels on it, but I dont know what size I should run without running into problems, like top speed and off the line? Any Ideas?

#2 ·
18's should be the max size you should go. You could run tires as wide as 255 in the front but might require major fender rolling and some 15 mm spacers.

Look for offsets of about 35-40. An offset of 43 would be pushing it. 235s are the sandard size but the rears will come close if you dont go with a lower offset. Fender rolling could be a option, and is as cheap as $50 a fender.

Any idea on what wheels you want?

#5 ·
Peronally I would stick with 17's and go with something lighter than stock and reduce the "unsprung" weight. For example, you could pick up a set of used LTW wheels, Kosei K1, or SSR comps just to name a few.

You could get some light 18's but the increase in size is increasing the rotational mass so the effect of the lighter wheel might not be felt.

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.