Revised... Help...Ripoff? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
maxmason is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Revised... Help...Ripoff?

I have a (2006) SC430 Lexus that I turbocharged and bought fully loaded but the lease ends on the 13th of March. My buddy is offering to sell me his M5 for 80K

The story is: The guy got it used with 19,000 miles on it. He blacked out the stock rims, painted the brake calibers yellow, blacked out the grill, made the BMW emblems black and white but everything else is stock. In four months, he's driven the car over 1,000 miles so now the car has just over 20,000 miles on it. Is 80,000 too much for this car? Or should I just go for a Audi S5 or 650? what is an appropriate price for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
What year is the car? The price seems high to me. I've seen 2006 M5s with 15k miles selling for $75. Anything that I've seen around $80k has around 5 - 8k miles.

Run a few searches online on eBayMotors.com, Cars.com, Autotrader.com, just to see what M5s are selling for around your area.

Regarding the S5 and the 650.. well, those cars are completely different from the M5, and even from themselves. Of the three, the closest as far as type of car and drivetrain configuration to your SC430 would be the....

... wait a second! You turbocharged a leased car? How come you first said that you bought it?

#3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 AM
n00b

maxmason is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
i leased the car and turbocharged it, I voided the warranty. the M5 is a 2006.. Yeah i know it was the stupidest thing i could've done..
#4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Well, MSRP on a new M5 is $82.4k. With common options, you'd probably pay around $90 - 96k. Use that as a reference. Good luck. Welcome to bimmerwerkz.

Be sure to test drive the car, especially if it is an SMG. Several people simply don't like the SMG's shifting.

#5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
SMG

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)