Repairing Scraped Wheels and Speaker Buzz - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:14 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guest1234 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Repairing Scraped Wheels and Speaker Buzz

I just scraped my wheels (19" '04 M3) on a curb and I wanted to know if anyone had something similar repaired. I'm just looking for info such as: what was done, how did it look after repair, are there any special coatings on the wheel that I should be aware of, how much did the job cost, etc.

Also, I have started to notice a buzz (or rattle) from the glove box that is definitely radio (speaker) related. I haven't dug any deeper yet, so has anyone experienced the same thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:14 PM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
We have a guy come fix our wheels at the dealership (for customers, used cars, etc) He charges like $300 for a set (depending on how bad the wheel was damaged). The wheels look like new when he is done with them. I'd see if there is anyone your dealer could recommend for you. As for your speaker rattle, I had a 03 M3 in the other day, with what you are discribing, there is a service bulletin out for speaker rattle that involves adding foam squares to your door panel to limit the amount of door panel vibrations....also check the actual speaker grill (that ended up being replaced to get this guys rattle to go away).

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
#3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Mortiorchis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest1234
I just scraped my wheels (19" '04 M3) on a curb and I wanted to know if anyone had something similar repaired. I'm just looking for info such as: what was done, how did it look after repair, are there any special coatings on the wheel that I should be aware of, how much did the job cost, etc.

Also, I have started to notice a buzz (or rattle) from the glove box that is definitely radio (speaker) related. I haven't dug any deeper yet, so has anyone experienced the same thing?
There is an EXCELLENT write-up on repairing your curbed wheels on the S14.net website.. I'm searching for it

LongHairedHippy: Just let him die out. The odds are on that he won't reproduce, so the problem will take care of itself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)