BMW Werkz banner

Removing the Bonnet Badge

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JonDarwin 
#1 ·
How do I remove the bonnet BMW badge??

Thanks

Jonathan

#2 ·
Get a hair dryer (heat gun will work, but you have to be really careful) and point it at the badge. Be sure to move it around a little bit so you dont mess up the paint. Then get floss, or fishing line, and slide it between the body and the badge. If it doesnt slide with some effort, heat it up some more.

Sometimes there is some stuff left. Use goo gone or something (wd-40 works but not sure how it will affect paint) squirt it on a paper towel, and set it on the spot (make sure it is soaked good) dont rub it around. goo gone dissolves it, so if you move it, it wont work as good. Then... clean the area real good and wax it, just to be safe.

Have fun.

#3 ·
Originally posted by JonDarwin@Jul 25 2004, 05:40 PM
how do you do this??

Thanks

Jonathan
To the best of my knowledge there is no adhesive under the hood/bonnet roundel. There are two pins that hold it in place - these can be accessed from the underside of the hood/bonnet. It is very simple to do. I have a DIY somewhere but will have t dig it up.

I think wonderbread is thinking of the "boot."

#4 ·
Clips in my experience

If you care try checking inside the hood.... if you don't then screwdriver ahoy!

#5 ·
On the US 'bonnets' the roundel is held in by two rubber grommets on pins molded into the back of the roundel.

Take a flat head screwdriver, cover it with a rag and just pry it off.

Make sure if your're replacing it, to get new grommets too. prying them off will muck them up pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.