Random Shots and Stereo Info/Mod/Question Content - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
(Thread Starter)
Random Shots and Stereo Info/Mod/Question Content

So, I got some time this weekend to Toy with the Vert. First I bled the coolant system(didnt solve the issue btw) then I addressed the lack of bass in the rear speakers(I'm 20 what do you expect). I replaced the rear speakers with blaupunkt's(and kept the stock housings) so my mom walks out to see my car like this needless to say she wasn't happy till she heard the new speakers If anyone knows what brand I can get to replace the 3 way components in the front heard MB quart and DSW(I think thats it) I'm having issues Finding 3 part components

I removed the Stock Sub to figure out the space I have to work with. I Ordered a 8" L5. My main issue is trying to retain the stock appearance down to using the stock HK sub grill(Minus the amp and rack). The stock sub has 2 coils and they measured at 2.8ohms each if anyone needed that info. I am looking to modify the stock box with fiberglass to seal the sides and back but 1 port into the cabin and use the L5. I know it isn't Ideal but it should work ok

Ok, here Are some random shots of the vert. I'm sorry he is a little wet because I just Peanut buttered the trim pieces, full clay bar, every scratch I could find was polished out and then the car was reclaybar'd and waxed

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
nice. peanut butter ftw. although it only lasts about a month.

Clean car.

why is it a man..Id rather see a topless women..but what ever floats your boat.

haha jp man

#3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:19 AM

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Lol Friend said it was and well I listen to Her BTW there is a Meet In Bemont on Saturday the 25th at 2pm

I am Captain Obvious
#4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:12 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven View Post
Lol Friend said it was and well I listen to Her BTW there is a Meet In Bemont on Saturday the 25th at 2pm
I think im working. If not ill give you a call. (heh PM your number again cause i reset my iphone and didnt back it up for like three months)

#5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Nice shots AlpineSixAndSeven, looks great.......did you actually hit with the clay bar too? Clay bar works like a charm.......some front speaker options.......BSW kinda pricey.......

johnny,

Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!

BMW Audio | Bavarian Soundwerks

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 04-20-2009 at 06:39 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
^ thanks Johnny! yeah I clayed it after the speaker install looked great is the tree i my front yard dropped a bunch of stuff all over that night I'm actually installing 2 kicker amps now!

While typing this post my Kicker L5 arrived!!! along with my thermostat and housing Will update in a couple hours!

I am Captain Obvious
#7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Looking sweet!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 AM

(Thread Starter)
Cool

I'm done with the install(well for now) I got the sub and speaker amps mounted and wired also got the sub installed. I installed a Kicker L5 8" into a modified stock HK sub box(Fiberglassed it and insulated it with sound deading) this thing sounds AWSOME!!!!! I'm keeping it turned down till the sub is broken in. Ok I'll shut up now on to the pictures!

And as it sits now with the carpeting(not done need to finish and carpet the Amp covers) and HK Grille

What do you guys think? Goal was more bass and as close to stock look

I am Captain Obvious
#9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Very nice job!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:41 AM
n00b

limotek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven View Post
I'm done with the install(well for now) I got the sub and speaker amps mounted and wired also got the sub installed. I installed a Kicker L5 8" into a modified stock HK sub box(Fiberglassed it and insulated it with sound deading) this thing sounds AWSOME!!!!! I'm keeping it turned down till the sub is broken in. Ok I'll shut up now on to the pictures!

And as it sits now with the carpeting(not done need to finish and carpet the Amp covers) and HK Grille

What do you guys think? Goal was more bass and as close to stock look
I think that was good work and cant wait to see the end finish!!
How big is the sub! and how much is it pumping?
#11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 11:28 AM

(Thread Starter)
It is an 8" S8L5 kicker I have a 150watt 2 channel amp (1 channel powering 1 coil and the other channel powering the other coil. It is pretty loud for an 8" I have to take the box out 1 more time And I'll take pictures of it then

I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)