Putting License Plates On? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2005, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Cellardoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cellardoor
Hey all,

I just got plates for my 1995 M3, the guy that owned it before me never put plates on the front of it, so i was just curiouse if anyone could shed any light on how and where to mount a license plate. there appears to be a piece of plastic that could b popped out with some coaxing, but i would rather not have to pop, drill, cut or otherwise injure my new baby unless it is absolutly nessicary. thanks , and i know this may seem like a dumb question but i did a search with no luck, and figured i should ask rather then hack and pry.

-Hutch-
<span style='color:red'>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totaly work out, loudly proclaiming &quot;Wow! What a ride!!&quot;.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>If life passes you by......downshift</span>
Cellardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
POWER///M is an unknown quantity at this point
leave it off, it looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
TMac325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TMac325is
depending on what state your in, its most likely required to have a front license plate. it sounds like the previous owner bought a license plate delete strip/molding. this is what i have just bought, b/c im currently driving around illegally without a front plate, it looks better.
but youre right the front piece does pop up with the use of a screw driver, BUT after you pop this piece off there will still be nowhere to mound the plate, therefore you must go on a website like www.bavauto.com or some other bmw site, and find a front license plate molding, they will have the places for the screws and such drilled in.

if you dont buy a piece like this and just stick your plate on it will look awful

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>T-Mac</span>
95' BMW 325is Jet Black, 5 speed
Xtec 6000k HID kit, DDE Enhanced, Euro Ellipsoids, M3 Front Bumper, Color-matched rear,
Alpine Mp3/CD, 20% tint, M3 Contour Rims, Smoked Corners, front lip
Clear Side markers, K&amp;N Performance Filter, Debaffle, Color-matched side skirts</span>
TMac325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
GodfatherINC is an unknown quantity at this point
dont put it on..it looks better without it
GodfatherINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Cellardoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cellardoor
Thanks for all the help guys! i had to put it on my rents are riding my ass about it, but im going to get a custom euro plate for the front and put that on when it comes in to replace the front RI plate. again thanks for the help guys.

-Hutch-
<span style='color:red'>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totaly work out, loudly proclaiming &quot;Wow! What a ride!!&quot;.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>If life passes you by......downshift</span>
Cellardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)