Price of window - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
(Thread Starter)
Price of window

Price of a passenger window? coupe e36 - 95

Someone broke into my car and smashed out passenger window.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:18 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
Price of a passenger window? coupe e36 - 95

Someone broke into my car and smashed out passenger window.
...and stole your radar detector...dirty bastards. I hate low-life scum bitches like that.
Can't help you with the window pricing, haven't found anything yet.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:17 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
not sure on the price, or price difference in where we live but im getting my front windshield for 130 installed, so im guessing the passenger window has to be cheaper no?

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
#4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice
Car manufacturer's need to come up with a better idea than an alarm or whatever. It seems like 9 out of 10 people are having their cars broken into by the lowlife scums of the this world. I'm going to rig my car with explosives. So if the window gets broken out, so does the perp. Any suggestions?

#5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Trevize will become famous soon enough Trevize will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trevize
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnstrcklnd
Car manufacturer's need to come up with a better idea than an alarm or whatever. It seems like 9 out of 10 people are having their cars broken into by the lowlife scums of the this world. I'm going to rig my car with explosives. So if the window gets broken out, so does the perp. Any suggestions?

Actually I agree. If my car was broken into I'd feel pretty violated. I just assume have the car totalled so I can get a new one that some jack@ss hasn't voilated. So blowing up the car sounds good to me. Sound extreme? ya sure. But the cops lately are just so worthless when it comes to theft. ie. had my bike stolen from my backyard the other day, cops don't even care! They wouldn't even send a cop out to file a report. I'll tell you this tho, if I see some punk kid riding my bike down the street he'll regret it. My puppy dog likes chasing things and as a registered and trained K9 110lbs german shepard he does a good job :-)

Boston is really going down the crapper lately. Gun violance is way up, theft is way up and the cops are too busy making over time watching construction sites. I see these cops and feel well gee, you have so much free time to stand their and direct traffic and get paid overtime but you can't take 10 min and file a report on stolen properity. Good to see they are commited to their jobs! not. I've called and complained of course. Doesn't do anything. Wish some one would connect the dots though. Cops don't care ---> cops make OT doing construction work -----> gun violance and theft rise cause cops don't care. The logical next step? Law abiding anti-voilance, anti-gun people like me start thinking about taking the law into their own hands and defending their safety and properity. That situation eventually leads to chaos.

I rather feel the same way in a car accident too. If some dipsh!t is going to cut me off and clip my fender and make a little dent, look OUT! Cause I have 1/2 a mind to "accidently" slam the gas and total the car real good.

You really think insurance is going to pay not only to fix an M5 but also pay me the lost resale value now that my car is listed on carfax with an accident? Just total it please and let me get a new one.

What was that movie? Robocop? where the opening scene is a car theif being electrocuted soon as he breaks into the car. I like that system too. Actually, if my understanding of law and personal properity is correct, if some one breaks into your personal properity you have the right to defend yourself with lethal force. Sounds to me like I certainly have the legal right to kill the fu3ker who tries to steal my car or my bike for that matter.

I've sense put a sign on my back gate that says, "Kaiser (yes the dog) doesn't ask questions, he just kills first then barks"

I also like the sign that says, "Property protected by pit bull with aids"

Really, I'm a very nice friendly guy. I respect other people's space and their properity. I won't door ding any car, not even the rust bucket that looks like it would fall apart if it was touched. It's just not cool. People work hard for what they have. People who steal or damage what other's worked hard to earn well.... I like the Robocop solution, justice is immediate, final and self resolving. :-)
#6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:27 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
I wish I could find a picture of it, but I saw this anti-theft device that you would love, jnstrcklnd.
It consisted of a couple of tubes that run discreetly below the door sill, if anyone tampers with the vehicle or tries to get in....WOOSH! A huge wall of flame shoots out away from the car from under the doors.

Problem solved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)