Poor brakes - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
FMV
n00b

Car:
Photos:
FMV is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have any ideas? I just put New Euro Rotors OE and Padig blue pads on the front and OE rotors and Metal Master pads on the back. Then had my bro's dealer (he is the GM for Porsche dealer in Tulsa) bleed the whole system.

The problem, I have to step hard on the pedal to get any good braking results. I had better braking with the old worn out pads and rotors? I have used them for about 800 miles of stop and go driving. I think they should be broken in by now. Any tips or things to try.

Not that everyone will agree with my parts choice, but nonetheless, I should be happier with the cars braking than I am.

BTW - 98 M3 Coupe 50K miles

Thanks
FMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
roloson is an unknown quantity at this point
Inspect all the brakes. All four. You may not be getting full braking from both fronts requiring higher pedal preasure to stop. You will need to pull the tires off so you can get a good look at the pads. see if wear is even from side to side. Also check vacumn to the brake system. It sound like you had a qualifed installer. You may want to ask him. I am not sure about ABS electronics and if that could be an issue.

"The Thrill"
roloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)