Nothing Fits! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
M3Convert is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Nothing Fits!

I just got my M3 Convertible as an anniversary present. (My husband is WONDERFUL!) He ordered new floor mats, a deflector and a cockpit cover from the BMW dealership. None of them fit!! The deflector is an inch or so too big and the passenger side floor mat is too wide. What happened? Are there different parts for cars that were made in Germany than for the "American-Made" BMW's. Thanks for your help! I can send them back within 30 days for a full refund. Is there anywhere to get these at a more reasonable price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:44 AM
For Teh Walrus?

WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
Send them back and explain the problem to the dealership. I wouldn't think they would have had that problem, should be pretty similar. Body didn't really change but make sure you're asking for the right year anyway.

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
#3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
2nd Gear Member

isherdholi will become famous soon enough
Welcome to werkz M3Convert!

Be sure to upload some pics of your car soon.

I know for a fact that floor mats for a convertible are normally different to the coupe and sedan. At least this is the case with the E46 anyway. Maybe the dealership gave your husband the wrong mats? easy mistake to make i think.

Not too sure about the deflector or the cockpit cover.

In terms getting things for less - assuming you are based in the States, you could try: -

Bavarian Autosport | BMW Parts and BMW Accessories
Bimmian.com - Unique BMW Accessories made for BMW brand vehicles incl. M3 E46 E90 3 Series E36 - Personalizing Perfection
JleviSW.com - 1.888.JLEVISW for Vorsteiner, Brembo, Angel Eyes, DPE, & MORE - Jlevi SW

#4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
For Teh Walrus?

WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdholi
I know for a fact that floor mats for a convertible are normally different to the coupe and sedan.
Exactly, dang dealerships don't listen very well...

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
#5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
umm floor mats would be different from any car in Europe then the US because of the right hand drive over there, ehh?
#6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
umm floor mats would be different from any car in Europe then the US because of the right hand drive over there, ehh?
not all cars in europe are right hand drive.

#7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numark318i
not all cars in europe are right hand drive.
god i really need to hop the pond someday...
#8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 10:05 AM
2nd Gear Member

isherdholi will become famous soon enough
I think only UK is right hand drive. Most European countries are Left Hand drive - Including BMW's homeland, Germany.

#9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Make sure when purchasign parts from the stealership that you mention it is a convertible, not just the year. The verts have a few odd shaped sizes. Although the side marker just seems to be a miscommunication error on the proper year.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)