New M3er - 2002 SMG; got some questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2004, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
kawwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone,

My brother and I recently purchased a used 2002 BMW M3 with SMG at 24K miles and the works for 36.5.

Now, when we purchased the car...we noticed the rear bumper was not the same bumper as one that comes with PDC. Also, we noticed the car got side swiped on the left side, but the seller did a phenominal job repairing the body. Consequently, the xenons that originally came with it got replaced with HIDs BUT, it looks brand new! The interior and exterior look phenominal (I'll post pictures soon).

We got all the warranties where we are about to take it to a BMW repair shop to get a maintenance, and the 2 recalls (SMG hydraulics and engine rod-bearing) performed. When we drove the car, there were zippo problems, so we believe we got this one for a steal.

Now, the questions:
1) Is it worth repairing the rear bumper in getting PDC? I'm 99% sure that the wiring is already in place, so we just need to get the bumper replacement with the sensors. What's the repair cost here?
2) Is it worth getting xenons? What's the repair cost here?

Any help here is appreciated. We're also thinking of even doing these repairs if its profitable enough to turn around the car and sell it. We only drove it for 15 miles since the insurance still hasn't come in yet.

Thoughts?
kawwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2004, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Car: 2011 Mazda2, 1990 Miata
Photos:
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
xenon and hids are the same, if the xenonx got replaced the person probably bought brighter ones so there's no need to go back, the bumper i don't know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)