new m3 e46 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just a guy is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
new m3 e46

hey guys.

im new to this forum and I need your help.
im new to this m3 game.
i have a nissan s12 drift car and now i need something nicer so thats why i want to buy e46.
but i dont know what to look for when buying a used m3.
do u guys have advice or tips......
i was thinkin of getting a convertable. but ive heard that the tops leak .......
thanks and the more feed back the better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
The convertible is also heavy and it takes away structural rigidity from the chassis. I prefer the coupe in terms of looks as well. First, if you can get one with full documentation (oil changes, repairs, etc.) you'll have a better idea of the condition of the car and whether it's been maintained or not. Also, you will want to look at cars newer than 2002. Earlier in the production cycle BMW built the S54 motor with non spec crank bearings. BMW put out a recall to rebuild the engines with the fault crank bearings but I'm sure there are still quite a few cars out there that are still ticking time bombs. Other than those two major things look for the overall condition of the car.

Also, if the car is in overall good shape (interior, exterior, engine bay) than I would consider purchasing the vehicle. Low mileage also helps as well.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM
n00b

just a guy is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
thankx for the advice......i just wanted the m3 convertable cuz i live in so cal and there are so many fine hunnys....im always at the beach.....
but i want to supercharge it so i dont know what im going to do
#4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Search around the forums and read as much as you can. There is a lot of knowledge and experience collected here.

Good luck!

#5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:48 AM
n00b

aashu is on a distinguished road
Yeah! convertible will be good for you. You can go for it.

BMW X5 2008 BMW Headlight
#6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 01:03 PM
n00b

boosted475 is on a distinguished road
Lots and lots of verts for sale these days.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
3rd Gear Member

k.sidlosky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to k.sidlosky
You can get a hard top. I think they are better looking than the coupes.

|Dinan Intake|Schrick Cams|24lb Injectors|809 HFM|M50 Manifold|TMS Stage IV+|Dinan Strut Brace|Samco Hoses|UUC Pulley||UUC SSK DSSR|DDM Coilovers|Fikse FM10|Brembo Rotors|Hawk Pads|AA Exhaust|Alpine|Audiobahn|Sony|
#8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
I have gone down this path with precisely what you seek as well as supercharging another of my Bimmers. I most strongly recommend you spend the extra money on a Dinan Supercharger (and it is a LOT MORE) than you are thinking but recession can be your friend here. And remember, with more power comes an immediate need for bigger and better brakes, suspension off the bat. Then there are coolant issues, radiator, exhaust and a car with the hard top itself. Again, they are out there, but if you do it right, at best it costs a very decent sum of $$. If you do go Dinan, you will not be sorry as the way they stand behind their products is HUGE compared to the others (again, I've learned this first hand). If any of the pictures or specs of my M3 are helpful, please go look at my "at Long Last" thread in Bimmerwerkz' M3 forum. I wish you the best of luck with this - I for one am THRILLED by having my M3 each and every day. Enjoy!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 PM
n00b

jenifer.kaif is on a distinguished road
Its better to visit different types of sites.You gain lots of knowledge and a brief idea.

BMW E46 2009 BMW Parts Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)