New here - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Loco19 is on a distinguished road
New here

Hello ladies and gents,

I am pretty new here and i am accually in the market for a 95 M3 but before I get one I am trying to do a little research. I was wondering what some of the problems that I am looking at, when i go look at one what am I looking for, what are some of the reaccuring issues and lastly how hard are they to work on? If ya'll can let me know of these i would appreciate it.

-AJ
Loco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco19 View Post
Hello ladies and gents,

I am pretty new here and i am accually in the market for a 95 M3 but before I get one I am trying to do a little research. I was wondering what some of the problems that I am looking at, when i go look at one what am I looking for, what are some of the reaccuring issues and lastly how hard are they to work on? If ya'll can let me know of these i would appreciate it.

-AJ
Most of the major issues are pretty well worked out by 95 as far as the E36 body goes. The engine in the US 95 is different than the other E36 M3s, especailly since the only other US M3's were 96+.

The rear subframe can be a weak spot especially if the car was ever tracked.
The front suspension will need to be looked over carefully, tie rods, etc.
The diff could have problems if the car has been abused, lots of burnouts/drifting.

Like any other car, look at all the usual stuff that is replaced under regular maintiance. Try to find one with records.

I got mine last june 92k miles, full records/reciepts for everything, 2 owner car, near perfect for 9.5k. Never abused and mostly highway miles. Many people will try to get 12kish for a car worse off than that. Just be patient and don't jump into a bad one or it will turn into a money pit.

For working on it, there's some tricks that make it much easier. Buy a bentely repair manaul and metric tools and have fun. And read up a lot.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Loco19 is on a distinguished road
thanks i appreciate the help like i said i don't wanna jump into a bad one so i wanted to do some research thanks though i will start lookin for those issues
Loco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)